CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

keepatit

31st August 2015, 12:07
dryden, yes, apologies for my clumsy wording. A single continuous path is what's required. Mine was composed of a succession of horizontal and vertical lines tracing a single path. Though I imagine that the cells where those lines meet should actually best be represented as quarter-circles, as trains can't really run round right angles. So if I bothered to submit (which I don't) I would probably do that!
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

john201

2nd September 2015, 17:07
I've got stuck with about 2/3 complete. Any chance someone could give me a pointer to 1a as that would probably get me going again? Thanks!
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

gem94

2nd September 2015, 22:30
A pointer only, which might be just enough - KEEP
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

gem94

2nd September 2015, 22:32
(Sorry, finger slipped) KEEP is not a verb!
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

john201

3rd September 2015, 09:03
That does indeed help. Thanks!
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

barretter

4th September 2015, 22:55
Came to this one late but now have a complete grid except for the last cell of 28across. The only word I can find which means "supply" is a 5-letter one usually associated with gas and electricity and it would accord with the "special treatment" given to other words but I can't see how it relates to "croft", so it's probably wrong but I can't find any four-letter words (even Scottish ones) which are synonyms of both the words in the clue. Any elucidation would be most welcome.
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

reynard

5th September 2015, 07:29
Check your 5 letter word in Chambers. As mentioned elsewhere, it is a bit of a poor clue as the answer is not really synonymous with croft.
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

barretter

5th September 2015, 11:50
Thanks Reynard. I hadn't noticed that it has its own entry!
18 of 18  -   Report This Post