CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mandyrob0704

29th August 2015, 17:52
Struggling a bit with this one and would appreciate some help on 18a. Have lots of others that I'm nowhere near yet but feel I have a chance at getting them but not this one
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

hils

29th August 2015, 18:12
more details needed please
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

unclued

29th August 2015, 19:15
18Ac - Moss is the "supermodel".
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

mandyrob0704

29th August 2015, 22:22
Thanks unclued
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

dryden

30th August 2015, 10:50
The problem with the puzzle is that the rules of the game are not made clear. If it's permitted to enter or exit a cell at a corner (and one of the specially treated cells suggests it is) then it looks to me as if there is not a unique solution. If it is not permitted, that should have been made clear.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

keepatit

30th August 2015, 14:24
dryden, I agree that there is more than one solution if that is allowed, and it might have been made clearer. I am equally sure that the intended unique solution exits cells through the middle of each side. (In other words, all changes of direction are 90 degrees). The specially treated cell you refer to therefore indicates two sides, rather than one corner. And actually, taking the special cells as a group, this is a much more logical and consistent approach, which may be why it was not spelt out.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

ciderdotndave

30th August 2015, 17:38
Hello everyone,
I have completed the grid and am searching but not finding anything that seems relevant.
Are we looking for real words or just a mathematical route.
Any hint would be appreciated.
Many thanks
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

olivercardo

30th August 2015, 18:37
I think you'r just looking for a mathematical route that satisfies the preamble - no real words.
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

keepatit

30th August 2015, 19:27
Olivercardo is right. There might be a few real words, e.g. if the lines trace some answers exactly, but they do not spell anything significant or useful
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

dryden

31st August 2015, 11:26
keepatit, I take it that you've used 'lines' (plural) referring to the train tracks that are to be represented. I assume the preamble phrase 'a single continuous path' implies one line is required.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post