CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

30th August 2015, 16:13
Detweiler

Ted reversed - Weiler sounds like Viler

Themed.
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th August 2015, 16:18

rpchambe

31st August 2015, 07:33
Hi
Am I the only one who turns to this page for help when stuck only to get a little cheesed off with people just posting how easy it was? This is a Help Forum not a boast forum. OK, so some of you remember that Detweiler was a character in S of M or are well acquainted with the works of Max Reger and the titles of all the songs in aforementioned S of M - or perhaps you have a computer to hand and are looking everything up but those of us relaxing in the bath with the paper copy have to drag up everything from memory. When the water has turned cold and I have to get out, puzzle still unfinished and I turn to you lot in desperation, it's help I'm looking for, not post after post of how easy it was.
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

dandybandy

31st August 2015, 08:45
Hi rpchambe,
Just regard it as a sometimes rant forum, as indeed you have done, as well as a help forum and a sometimes friendly chat forum. After all isn't that what fora are for? Like you, and probably quite a few others, I usually turn to it at the end of my knowledge and out of desperation or, if I have finished, have a look at what others have had difficulty with. We all have our little rant subjects. Mine is the multiple threads for the same crossword started by those who just want answers rather than hints and can't be a***d looking it up in dictionaries, encyclopaedias, atlases, etc, viz; the eight threads for this weks Everyman. As for the Bank holiday special. Life is too short. I spent about an hour on it then filed it on the CBA pile. Enjoy the Bank Holiday the wet stuff is clearing up here in the rainy city.
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

mamya

31st August 2015, 11:15
Oh dear - well,as stated all are entitled to a rant. Personally I find rants a waste of energy but hey ho.

I didn't find it easy at all, but amazingly I do have a computer as I would imagine most people who post here do.

Long baths are terribly drying for the skin.;-)
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st August 2015, 11:20
It would indeed be a bit difficult to post here without a computer and internet connection, mamya.

I did use Google to get a couple of names, but the rest was distressingly familiar. (When I was a lad, the local cinema in Barnstaple showed the damn thing every other week, so reduced cinema-going possibilities.)
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st August 2015, 11:21
(I should add "during the summer months" - aimed at visitors, I suppose.)
37 of 37  -   Report This Post