CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wally

23rd June 2015, 20:23
Hi Folks. As a former Chemistry teacher and now a private tutor, I also was hopping mad with 2dn. But the compiler must know some chemistry to know 11ac. So "Shame on him/her".
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th June 2015, 11:28
Hi Chris
I was out this morning to buy the RT and have just finished the crossword.
I also liked the humorous 19a :)
I had to google to discover why you and Wally were not happy with 2d and I vaguely remember a similar mistake (probably by the same RT setter) some while ago.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

mondrian

25th June 2015, 10:41
MOrning all. I did get 2D but my ignorance is so great that your objections Chrise were lost on me. I also got 11A only by looking at list of chemical elements and seeing what would fit in! HOwever, as per usual I remain stuck on 1d, 7A and 10A. I agree 19A is a great clue Hope all well and enjoying summer.
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th June 2015, 10:46
Good day Mondrian
1d def. is an Arabian state (anagram in the clue)
7a def. is disruption
10a def. is a hanger-on (think marine creature)

Beautiful day here.

14 of 18  -   Report This Post

mondrian

25th June 2015, 17:19
THanks jazzgirl. They are always so obvious when one has the answers! NOw for the bottom left hand corner. I cannot get the expression required for 21A Willingly enjoy hosta cultivation 4,1,4. For the last 4 I have S? O?. I am sure an anagram of Hosta is used.

I am glad I do not have any hostas in my garden. The dead tulip leaves are bad enough for snails as it is and I am sure hostas would attract even more of them! Ugh!!

15 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th June 2015, 17:22
Hi mondrian
Yes, the last 5 letters from "hosta".

The slugs certainly love ours.
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th June 2015, 17:24
Just saw your previous post, mondrian. I used to spend quite a bit of the first term of Year 8 (2nd form in old money) teaching the difference between the two terms, so it grated!
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

mondrian

25th June 2015, 19:58
CHrise. I understand how the careless use of language in your subject must annoy you. WHat gets me is a word like There and Their being used any old way!!! ALSo apostrophes being scattered around but then lots of people complain about that.

Nearly finished crossword. THanks for confirming hosta.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 27