CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

14th March 2010, 13:47
Hello kettledrum - I realised i'd got 33d wrong, and hae corrected it - incidentally what I had fitted the criteria. I'm sorry if you thought I was spoiling anyone's fun - it was just that Sudukolover and I seemed to be comleting it between us. I have finished it now.
21 of 30  -   Report This Post

kettledrum

14th March 2010, 14:11
Hello AJT. I have very complicated feelings about asking for lots of answers to more advanced crossword clues on public sites, and I usually say & do nothing. I think there are a lot of 'passengers' on these forums (fora?) who do very little of their own solving and then pat themselves on the back for finishing it. I only interfered because I could see that you were in fact doing most of the solving, & I didn't want you to be misled by a wrong answer & a wrong extra letter. I didn't mean to be offensive, as I think it's wonderful that you & Sudokulover can solve Xwords together, but if you're going to discuss lots of clues I wonder if you could do it more privately.
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

harrhy

14th March 2010, 15:23
I can see what you mean kettledrum but the Spectator crossword isn't one I've considered before (it always looked far too hard)but reading this interesting correspondence has made me investigate the site. Its probably one I will use in future when I'm at a loose end. So thanks to everyone!
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

14th March 2010, 15:23
Thanks AJT - got a few more answers late last night and have been out all morning. Filled in your extras and I'll have another go this afternoon - I'll be back if I still need help!
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

ajt

14th March 2010, 15:43
For Harrhy - Do keep trying on the Spectator crossword - I've only been doing it for four weeks, having seen it mentioned on this site. I have found this week's harder than most - but very satisfying when you've cracked it. I'm sorry that I seem to have given offence by giving some of the answers. I do agree with what was said, but this paprticular one seemed to be a special case.
25 of 30  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

14th March 2010, 17:29
AJT - I've finished at long last! Could never have done it without your help, so many thanks!
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

ajt

14th March 2010, 18:26
Sudokulover - thank you - but I couldn't have finished it wihout your "archibald" - I'd given up in despair, and that was the turning point. It was such a good puzzle though.
27 of 30  -   Report This Post

silly boy

14th March 2010, 18:48
Can I ask what 14a is ? I seem to have gone wrong somewhere. Thanks.
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

ajt

14th March 2010, 19:03
Hello Silly Boy - 14 ac is DUNNOCK, which is a hedge sparrow, which in turn is a prunella. Whether or not that means anything to you depends on how far you've got with the crossword and the 4 - word phrase referred to in the preamble. If you want any more, just ask.
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

silly boy

14th March 2010, 19:06
Thanks AJT ...... I had Dunnock, but my mind wouldn't fit it in ! lol ;o) Finished now. Thanks again.
30 of 30  -   Report This Post