CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

9th March 2010, 17:53
No, I haven't got it yet, as I was under the floor all morning putting in a new TV aerial cable and spent the afternoon preparing the car for its MOT on Thursday. I hope you all had a busy day too. I should get one tomorrow, but I expect Philip has finished it already.
1 of 44  -   Report This Post

philip

9th March 2010, 20:59
Hi John
Glad to hear you are still keeping busy. I have been putting 150 bags of pine nuggets over my front garden today. Isnt retirement restful?
Unfortunately the postman didnt call this morning, so like you I am still waiting.
I am about to annoy Bees who was upset when I went away to Florida in November whilst he had to go to something called "work". Well I am off again next week on a Caribbean Cruise, so I wont be able to comment on RT 12 and 13.
By the way, although I never enter, what do you think about the prize of a pen. Bit of a comedown from the tv they used to offer. Who would dare to use a £250 pen. I'd be scared of losing it

Best wishes
PHILIP
2 of 44  -   Report This Post

mark

9th March 2010, 21:12
PHILIP out of intrest why do you put pine nuggets on your garden.
3 of 44  -   Report This Post

philip

9th March 2010, 21:28
Mark
Its a form of playbark, which is quite tough and lasts for years. It smothers the weeds and moss and the shrubs and bulbs can still grow through it. I buy it in bulk as its much cheaper than the garden centres who seem to have stopped stocking this quality, replacing it instead with bark that rots in a couple of years
Hope that explains
PHILIP
4 of 44  -   Report This Post

mark

9th March 2010, 21:35
nice one for that PHILIP might give that a try.
5 of 44  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th March 2010, 22:11
I've completed this puzzle in under half an hour and was watching television at the same time. And women think it's only them who can multi-task...
6 of 44  -   Report This Post

tel

10th March 2010, 10:49
Hello Philip, I think our postmen must be conspiring. I havn't recieved my copy yet.
7 of 44  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

10th March 2010, 14:58
Well, I hope you're not disappointed after your wait. As caravaggio says it's a very easy one this week. I did most of it whilst making fisherman's pie for lunch. No outstanding clues really, but this one is amusing:

20A Artist to shade nothing before animal returns (10)
8 of 44  -   Report This Post

philip

10th March 2010, 20:39
John
Is there no end to your talents?
RT arrived this morning, but been painting the ceiling so only just got round to it. Well, for prize hunters its just about worth a pen this week - possibly a Bic! though I see they have reverted back to a Blu ray.
9 of 44  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

10th March 2010, 21:57
Is there no end to your talents, John? I didn't think that you or Philip [or anyone else who regularly attempts the RT crossword] would have any problems with this one. And, incidentally, that was my favourite clue too. Have a good holiday, Philip.
10 of 44  -   Report This Post