CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

8th March 2010, 08:55
Indeed - Chambers gives "troublesome child"
31 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack

8th March 2010, 09:01
25ac HOUSE - def = to contain; sub is in 19d River OUSE.

Getting there! I've got a printed copy of this crossword which is now full of scribbled notes - I'm off out now - will look at all the clues later to sort out which subs are still to be done.

Cheers for now!
32 of 51  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th March 2010, 09:04
14 ac - hormones - hrt?
33 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack

8th March 2010, 09:08
Yes HORMONES - brilliant!

Sub is in 24ac: NO MORE when moving (anag) - close to tearS!!
34 of 51  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th March 2010, 09:40
It seems that you're the only one at home, Jack, so this is for you. I think I've finished it but for one clue/ I don't think 9 ac is educe - I think it's elope 6 d I make "downloaded - having reproduced image, maybe - and that's all of them except 17 ac. Now I've counted up the initial letteres, and the first has to be "d", so that gives - DE?D?E?. Saw arrangement? I don't know much about tools. Any good for you?
35 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack

8th March 2010, 09:42
Haven't gone out yet!!

Agree 2d is ECHO - sub for CHO is in 12ac 'cut short' CHO(P).
Like EOCENE - can't see sub for OCENE yet.

Any thoughts on 17ac ?E?? ?E? - it must start with H or D (all 7 Rs done) can't see it being EE?? ?E? So HE?? ?E? or DE?? ?E? - I think the sub for this could be 'disturb sedate' in 8ac ie anagram of sedate.
36 of 51  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th March 2010, 09:49
Thanks Jack. If it's an anagram of sedate, then it must be "dead set". You won't have read my previous post before you sent this. What do you think?
37 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack

8th March 2010, 09:49
Thanks AJT - Elope & Downloaded make complete sense.
Think 17ac might be DEAD SET - don't know if this is a saw arrangement but EADSET is an anagram of Sedate so sub is in 8ac.

Think it's all done now!! Take care! Thanks again.
38 of 51  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th March 2010, 09:52
What a great combined effort, and a lovely feeling of triumph!
39 of 51  -   Report This Post

jack

8th March 2010, 09:56
Thanks a lot AJT - thoroughly enjoyed that!!
Going out now - when I get back am going to go through it again quickly - although I'm happy with all answers I've still got one or two subs to work out!!

Take care!!
40 of 51  -   Report This Post