CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

14th May 2015, 15:59
I also saw a mention of Tyndrum. However, the birth register shows Scott being born in Enfield, Middlesex .Hope you enjoyed the film, Mondrian
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

15th May 2015, 10:12
It's been a slow grind. this week. Assuming that the shark/colour is an anagram of tea up and that the US prison is erm... not closed (are those right?) I'm only left with one. That's 5d and it has me baffled. It must involve a anagram of car MOT, but I just can't see it. "GP on the box" is presumably a TV doctor (actor or character?) Hints please!

TIA - A-P
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

15th May 2015, 10:19
TV doctor...Doc ??????
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

15th May 2015, 10:30
Thanks scorpiojo, got it now. That's not a TV series I'd heard of though. If the clue mentioned shoes (sounds-like) I might have got it :-)

Cheers all
A-P
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

mop

15th May 2015, 11:24
Found it very difficult this week. I noticed that in 22 across spike was written as Spike. I had thought that crosswords obeyed the rule that only proper names had capital letters except of course when it is the first word in the clue. Spike was not a proper name in this case.Was this a "typo?" or a legitimate crossword deception?

It doesn't seem to have troubled anyone else, though.

Thanks

mop
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

15th May 2015, 11:31
The latter, I suspect, Mop, under that other rule of "ignore all punctuation."

A-P
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

mop

15th May 2015, 13:08
Thanks for the reply. A-P. It is a fine line at times I suppose. Sometimes what appears to be illegitimate deception turns out to be the solver's mis-reading of the way the clue is phrased and that is fair enough. Dr No falls into this category in that it is correctly capitalised as it is a book title but there is another meaning there.

However I see Spike more in the category of : What is the opposite of white and the answer being crimson without any clue at all that would lead you away from the obvious answer of black.

Anyway I got it off my chest

mop

47 of 47  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 21