CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

snowyowl

4th May 2015, 06:51
I also have 19, 5, 14, 11. Although the crosses are in the poem they are not "identified by corrections to misprints" so surely not to be highlighted? Perhaps they are just in the grid to point us in the direction of the other theme items?
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

4th May 2015, 08:20
poppies in red, stalk and stem in green? f f red?
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

nansen

7th May 2015, 19:50
I agree that any ambiguity as to what to highlight is resolved by the corrected letters- and that does leave 49 cells. (THough we could also have had TORCH and both types of gun in full. I can't remember who found/spotted only two crosses, but in case you haven't spotted the third yet, they are TAU, CROSS and ROOD. (Though one might mischievously suggest "ireful" and "stern" too!)

But I am still left with a question:

What on earth is 21d? I mean, it has to be SUMY, doesn't it? But what IS that? I'm presuming an E for the I of "tinder", so looking perhaps for a currency - bit finding nothing.
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

malone

7th May 2015, 19:55
21. It's in Chambers, under Sum.(Standard monetary unit of Uzbekistan)

I knew there were three crosses, but needed only two (for my letter count) and only two actually go into the... scene.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

betty2

8th May 2015, 02:41
Why are people obsessed by the crosses? We're not asked to highlight them. There is no ambiguity about that. If you need *any* of them for your letter count, then you're missing something else.
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

16th May 2015, 13:48
Saw solution today. As we suspected the crosses weren't highlighted and machine gun was. Not that it made any difference as I didn't win the fizz!
26 of 26  -   Report This Post