CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

busby

22nd April 2015, 10:01
Doesn't surface read that well :-(....I'll try this.

Slug stuck to a plant assumed position needed to advance (3,9)
21 of 94  -   Report This Post

paul

22nd April 2015, 10:43
Bad winter vibe Jo? Do this to change your situation! (3,9)

(anag)
22 of 94  -   Report This Post

therogue

22nd April 2015, 12:20
For Judge (old boy) being among six Eastern women's a nerve-racking affair (3,9)

J.Bow, veterinarian from Aran, working on business appointment (3,9)
23 of 94  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd April 2015, 13:55
Doobie Brothers lead applied internally "Position of Queen" but was unsuccessful at this (3,9)
24 of 94  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

22nd April 2015, 14:32
Process of elimination reveals crime cover-up at the scene (3,9)

process of elimination=defn.

rest of clue is charade of job(crime) inter(cover-up) view(scene)
25 of 94  -   Report This Post

ab

22nd April 2015, 15:02
Audience before you? Don't ask! (3,9)
26 of 94  -   Report This Post

susan

22nd April 2015, 18:40
Oh my goodness, where to start! Thank you all, Chrise, BBM3, Heathcliff, Rambler, Thea, jws, ixion, Paul, ab, Mattrom, Busby, greedy kite, t'rogue and Les40 (in no particular order, I just thank you all!) the quality of this week's entries is so good. Within moments, Chrise stepped forward with a really clever start. There have been loads of very good anagrams, some very acceptably barmy... and I'm getting a sense of rather a lot of ball-related interest, bad clothing, dodgy dancing, torture lovers, cbeebies watchers and Bible students. What an interesting posse we have in our midst. Thanks for the parsing guys, including that from t'rogue! Mattrom's @ 11 is really good, Thea's @ 14 is nutty, Les40's, very clever, Heathcliff @ 18, really well constructed, rambler @ 19, ditto, oh dear, in fact, ditto to all entries. There simply isn't a bad one. I'm impressed with every entry. I'm really sorry I have to choose just one. I'm dithering... BBM3 came up with an anagram I really couldn't have anticipated, very well constructed - and with a smattering of Monty Python, a winning formula. This week's winner is:

BBM3 @ 15 JW believer into torture, but not the Spanish Inquisition (3,9)

Your prize is, of course, a moviette of a job interview! I wonder if anyone has guessed which one. To collect your prize, grab some popcorn, (along with your snakebite) and pop along to Youtube Multiplex - Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, One Leg Too Few (1964) - in fact - all the entries were brilliant! ... You're all invited. Enjoy!

27 of 94  -   Report This Post

jws

22nd April 2015, 18:48
well done Marty, not an easy word for an anagram

well done Susan for hosting - a nice commentary
28 of 94  -   Report This Post

rambler

22nd April 2015, 18:50
congrats bbm2
29 of 94  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty3

22nd April 2015, 19:04