CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kilgore trout

7th April 2015, 22:20
I think we should quit picking on meursault. Clearly, if any questions regarding the puzzle were to arise, he is the only person on the planet who could answer them. Therefore it is only fitting that he answer them preemptively when he knows that he'll be away from the computer for a while. What a civic-minded fellow!
41 of 49  -   Report This Post

meursault

7th April 2015, 22:41
Very gracious of you. How good of you to contribute your valued judgement. So I take that there'll be no more bleating when I give answers for future puzzles.
42 of 49  -   Report This Post

leon

7th April 2015, 23:59
I had ground to a halt on this one , but now thanks to all the helpful people on this thread it has given me a fresh kick start
many thanks
leon

43 of 49  -   Report This Post

nick

8th April 2015, 12:18
Of course there will be no bleating if you give answers, Meursault, it is the bits that aren’t answers that has caused the bleating. I get the feeling though that our requests will fall on deaf ears because you don’t see this site as help forum but as an outlet for your ego. And I don’t buy this nonsense you come out with that if we don’t want to look at how clever you are then we shouldn’t visit. I would think that the majority of solvers who visit do so because they are stuck and want a hint or a clue parsed; they don’t want the solution posted in front of them. Unfortunately when you want a hint you have to read previous posts really to ensure that the same question hasn’t been raised already, which often reveals more than you would like, so please not more than has been asked for by members.
44 of 49  -   Report This Post

bambi123

9th April 2015, 16:29
One clue to go 24a I presume no substitutions. Help appreciated. In defence of meursalt anyone could have flicked over his post if they had not wished to know. I found it a great cros check
45 of 49  -   Report This Post

nick

9th April 2015, 16:55
You are right, there are no substitutions, bambi123. It is a charade clue - currency in Riga + name for a female = 'stripped and ready to be plastered' as the definition.
46 of 49  -   Report This Post

nick

9th April 2015, 20:17
I apologise unreservedly to anyone who I have upset with my posts; I don’t usually get involved in spats. The Listener is close to my heart but that is no excuse, I haven’t behaved as I would have liked and will leave you in peace. This really isn’t what the site needs. I have found anyway that to me helping solvers is a bit addictive so I am sure it is best that I leave for my sanity.

Sorry again and enjoy your puzzles.
Nick
47 of 49  -   Report This Post

meursault

10th April 2015, 21:20
Meursault, Meursault, why did you do this, why did you do that ? Will you cry over your neighbour's body ? Have you not read the book ? But to comply with your stagnant air, maybe I should only ask questions...
48 of 49  -   Report This Post

turast

12th April 2015, 17:55
Meursault. Vous avez raison. Vous êtes « le seul Christ que nous méritions ».
You are psychologically detached from the world around you. Events that would be very significant for most people, such as a marriage proposal or a crossword’s death, do not matter to you, at least not on a sentimental level. You simply do not care that The Listener is dead, or that Marie loves you.
You are also honest, which means that you do not think of hiding your lack of feeling by shedding false tears over The Listener’s death. In displaying your indifference, you implicitly challenge society’s accepted moral standards, which dictate that one should grieve over death. Because you do not grieve over the death of The Listener, society sees you as an outsider, a threat, even a monster.
49 of 49  -   Report This Post