CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

farr

19th March 2015, 15:22
Thanks sudokulover. I suppose that if I insist on doing Brit crosswords then I should get used to this kind of problem! Anyway the specie is well worth it.
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

ginge

19th March 2015, 17:45
Your unclued 4 down is correct, an animated "themed" creature in a cartoon series. Although 13 across also isn't in my edition of Chambers if you have the theme then Google breeds and it is there. I'm being deliberately vague so as not to spoil it for others.
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

19th March 2015, 20:00
I've spent ages today trying to remember the name of the comic that a very naughty Felix was in late 60s or early 70s maybe - there was a huge fuss at the time, probably tame by today's standards but very shocking then. Anyone remember?
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

19th March 2015, 21:09
tl: you don't mean FRITZ The Cat, do you? I remember walking out of the film (which I do extremely rarely). Hope that doesn't put the label "prude" on me --- but perhaps you don't mean him at all. Felix was a creation of the silent movie era!
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

19th March 2015, 22:20
I think I've got mixed up, not an unusual occurrence, don't remember a movie and I'm not old enough for the silent era so I'll stop paining my brain. Thanks anyway.
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

rosalind

19th March 2015, 23:26
Hi GK
I walked out of The Wizard of Oz, and Chitty Chitty etc. Also the play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead !!
R
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

20th March 2015, 10:10
Hi, Rosalind! If I know you a
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

20th March 2015, 10:16
(Attempt No 2) .....at all, you would've walked out of FRITZ THE CAT even earlier than I did: it consisted of non-dtop obscenity. I've nothing against sex in pictures, but really, that film "shot the bird down", as the Germans say, for monotonous vulgarity without wit, real humour or anything else. I DON'T recommend you to take a look at it online, though that's no doubt possible --- it was a popular hit. And btw I also walked out of "Amadeus", which everyone else seems to have loved. Then there was the "Battle of Midway", where
the sound effects were so horrific, the cinema seats vibrated. But I'm wandering as usual.....................
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

truron

20th March 2015, 15:55
I am firmly stuck on 19d(unclued).i have ?omk?????. A hint or warning that I am on the wrong track would be appreciated. All other unclued answer are entered.
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

20th March 2015, 15:59
Think of Beatrix Potter - it's split 3,6
20 of 21  -   Report This Post