CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pjwillcox

24th February 2015, 19:53
TV Comedy - apols to those who don't have this crossword, but help would be appreciated from those who do. Am struggling in my ignorance to identify either the quotation or its author, altho I think the title confirms the two letters I have for the initials - could someone point me in the general direction? Many tks as ever.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

truron

24th February 2015, 21:18
Try looking at the thread for "Spectator Crossword 2199" in the ANSWER BANK site
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

24th February 2015, 21:22
..................OR: it's s'one well known on that medium with the same initials, & he said s'thing about selling s'thing! I didn't kinow him (or it) at all, as I've lived abroad for a very long time, but if you have the crossers for 39a, where the quote begins, & I tell you the first word is "I", perhaps that will help!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

pjwillcox

25th February 2015, 07:33
tks truron & greedy kite - i'm in the same boat abt UK tv as hardly seen any in many years abroad & still away a great deal of time (with only v limited access to internet - hence my occasional plea for help)
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

pjwillcox

25th February 2015, 07:46
... & tks again now i've read the joke -- another v enjoyable offering from Mr Magoo
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th February 2015, 08:20
Well done! Yes, I thought it was a good one, too! Have you tried Enigmatic Variations # 1163 this week? Not much more difficult, and equally entertaining in my humble opinion. Btw: Whereabouts do you live, if that's not a dangerous question?
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

pjwillcox

25th February 2015, 20:34
No danger (I think), greedykite. I am now in Amersham, Bucks (having had a London base in Dulwich for most of my working life), but spend several months a year in Sweden (split between Stockholm and a red, wooden cottage deep in the forests of southern Sweden -- with feeble mobile signal and no broadband!). Am working on EV at mom (one of my favourite xwords) after lagging behind on this week's selection following a snowy long weekend away.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th February 2015, 20:44
Then have fun: the theme is not exactly new, & remember the unclued ones have nothing in common except the theme in a formal way! Best wishes from the South-West France countryside!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post