CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

peterm

30th January 2015, 20:57
hankir@17
41 of 57  -   Report This Post

theambler

30th January 2015, 22:13
Hi there - yes I see white smoke (or is it magnolia?)
All the votes are in and the laurel wreath is firmly plonked on the head of Ginge (23) with 4 votes.
Breathing heavily just behind is Ixion (fresh from the stables) 3 votes. Paul and Hankir and BBM each got 2 and Heathcliff got 1(well done and welcome)
I thought the standard was amazing- such novelty, such humour, such erudition. A grand mixture of the historical, the hysterical, the metaphysical and the hemispherical. I am trying to post a little video showing the BEAUTY of NORTHUMBERLAND. Yes it is rather thea-----trical, and twee and the buses are a funny colour but I think its charming so there.
If you want to come start saving now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yy1rDPB5o
yes the address is a funny colour too shucks.

Thank you for having me -- I have enjoyed it immensely or hugely as they say south of Brighton.
Yours with Kind Regards
THEA

42 of 57  -   Report This Post

theambler

30th January 2015, 22:16
The address suddenly went blue. Is that normal!!!!!!!!
T
43 of 57  -   Report This Post

theambler

30th January 2015, 22:18
And welcome and congs Hankir.
T
44 of 57  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2015, 22:34
Congrats, Ginger, Thanx, Thea
45 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th January 2015, 23:21
Congratulations, ginge, and thanks, thea. They certainly don't make travelogues the way they used to ("How strange that fear should look so much like joy"). I think my Norse ancestors spent some time there; those holiday package deals were no doubt hard to pass up.
46 of 57  -   Report This Post

mattrom

30th January 2015, 23:22
Well done, Ginge and thanks for hosting, Theambler
47 of 57  -   Report This Post

les40

30th January 2015, 23:41
Well done Ginge, cheers thea.

aristo - Sorry I didn't get time to explain. I was in a rush today and had to vote and go somewhere knowing I wouldn't be back until post 10pm.

You have the parse almost wrapped up. Here goes with my explanation.

With = w + seconds = Mo Mo
to spare = [p1494 of Chambers 12 Edition - 2nd Def - opening or slit in a skirt or trousers (Scots)} I have taken it as 'an opening' - For RCSA - Roman Catholics answer

Then all of it is BACK
Thus - oM (ASCR) oM w
in = container
time = T + He'll
= T (H [oM { ASCR } oM w] e'll)

H'ell - is indeed the &lit part running into the rest being the extended DEF (which I feel was certainly needed)

I did look at 'Spare' Definition 1 - 'To allow oneself' but thought this may have been a stretch to just mean 'allow

So I used two containers - Spare & in - which maybe misdirected too much
Thoughts?
48 of 57  -   Report This Post

ixion

31st January 2015, 01:22
Congratulations Ginge and thanks to Thea for hosting and to those that liked my clues.
49 of 57  -   Report This Post

ginge

31st January 2015, 01:43
Many thanks for your votes BBM2, ixion aristo and paul and cheers thea for hosting (I'll endeavour to "set" something that will hopefully provide as many inspired entries). SlĂ inte!
50 of 57  -   Report This Post