CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

truron

1st February 2015, 11:57
Does the question "What do U think ?" Help ?

I have problems too. 26D - I believe to be an anagram of "a pun" but I am getting nowhere on that.
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

1st February 2015, 13:02
26dn is a for adult + a three letter word for a joke (not pun) reversed.
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

truron

1st February 2015, 15:20
Thanks teenieleek. I was locked on pun but now have it.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

ironman

2nd February 2015, 10:37
Sorry, Truron, I wasn't seeking enlightenment about the letter due in the top right-hand corner (I have the quote safe and sound). I wondered what the number '9' was doing there. It doesn't indicate any clue, so I suppose it's just a simple error. Not a great issue, just slightly puzzling.
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

lumen

2nd February 2015, 23:25
The number 1 at top left is technically unneeded too isn't it, as it an unclued light.
Has anyone worked out yet why we have letters leftover in some 'theme' words? Does not seem right, must be more to it. We can't have three words that are neither thematic or clued?
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

ironman

3rd February 2015, 12:09
Yes, true, neither the '1' nor the '9' have any function as clue numbers, and the excess letters extending three of our smelly 'thematic objects' are similarly puzzling. Hope this kind of thing doesn't become a habit!
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

crosswhit99

9th February 2015, 10:53
I suspect the numbering of lights is done automatically by the programme used to generate the grid, hence it seems to the software like there is a 1a, 1d and 9d. An extra bar below the first cell would have removed the 1, but that would have disrupted the grid symmetry and indicated the start point of the perimetrical message. Perhaps it would have been better if the setter/editor had renumbered the grid manually. Other series tend not to number unclued lights and therefore presumably don't use the automatic numbering facility.
17 of 17  -   Report This Post