CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ab

21st January 2015, 21:24
Thank you for the truly marvellous standard of entries. You make the task of the judge very difficult. Many entries, particularly the pithier ones, had me shaking my head in admiration.
One, however, has to win and this week it was aristo’s post 6.
Image of someone in the main without a freaking life?
Well done, aristo, here is your prize. Possibly the only justifiable use of a selfie stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zjc5vx2Ups

In addition, a bonus prize.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31854/12-horrible-gobbledygook-words-we-reluctantly-accepted

Thanks again to all of you for such a great set of entries.
AB
31 of 43  -   Report This Post

susan

21st January 2015, 21:27
Congrats Aristo and thanks ab for hosting
32 of 43  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

21st January 2015, 22:04
Congratulations Aristo
Cheers Ab
33 of 43  -   Report This Post

jws

21st January 2015, 22:14
well done aristo and thanks to AB for setting etc
34 of 43  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

21st January 2015, 22:15
Congrats Aristo, Thanx AB.
Minor footnote: I notice that list of words stemming from place names recommended at the end of the extra present perpetuates the myth that Hamburg is a "seaside town" : in fact it's over 60 miles from the sea!
35 of 43  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st January 2015, 22:36
Thank you, AB! What an honor. About the clip though... That. Is. Terrifying. I think that people fall into two camps: those who most appreciate mountains and skyscrapers when looking up at them and those who love to look down from them. Though I've climbed a fair number of mountains in my day, I belong to the former.

I too marvelled at everyone's ingenuity- wonderful touches. I loved ixion's "I feel bad" and les40's "personal mug" and theambler's lovely construction with the functional "of" in "met in the middle of" and... well, there are so many (and oh, that saucy emrach). Best to all, and see you next week.

p.s. I wouldn't have guessed that all of those words were such bugbears. I've always disliked contact as a verb though.
36 of 43  -   Report This Post

les40

21st January 2015, 22:46
Well done aristo, cheers AB
37 of 43  -   Report This Post

les40

21st January 2015, 22:51
oh, and cheers for the mention of Post 20 aristo. I seem to have got away without eviction with Post 24
38 of 43  -   Report This Post

theambler

21st January 2015, 22:52
Well done Aristo. and thank you for seeing through my effort. I knew I had a winner -- well almost (haha).
But too many clues without a definition. Ahem. See me later. Tut tut.
Love to all esp the good Naragansetters.
BTW I discover that a Viscount associate of mine was married in Cambridge Mass

THEA
39 of 43  -   Report This Post

ixion

22nd January 2015, 04:39
Well done aristo, thanks ab
40 of 43  -   Report This Post