CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

23rd December 2014, 14:49
Hi again sassenach, pleased I could help. It was in an earlier thread (where the preamble wasn't stated in entirety) that I managed to provide a solution but could only speculate on the grid entry. I enjoyed this puzzle and (from your earlier post) if you still have some "unparsed" answers I'll try to shed some light if you wish.
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

shuttleplayer

23rd December 2014, 17:25
It's been like pulling teeth trying to solve this, but with the help of the forum I'm nearly there. all LH grid:
1d Comrade Stan's-at ....... (2,5) ?? ???e? (despite earlier clue I still can't see it).
7ac Was heartless, left a leading tutor... (7) ???i?e?
10ac Queen's make up ... (6) ????e?r
Any help appreciated, before I go mad!!
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

ginge

23rd December 2014, 17:45
Hi shuttle player, 1d is quite literally Stan's comrade 6 letters with an additional letter for the 2 word grid entry. 7a the clue is only "was heartless left. A 7 letter word for "was" with the middle letter removed giving a synonym of "left" as in departed, then again add a letter for grid entry. 10 I took as an @lit queen's make and make-p, again a 5 letter answer with a letter added for grid entry. Hope this helps but come back if you need note help or confirmation of the 3 remaining additional letters assuming these are your last 3 clues.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

ginge

23rd December 2014, 17:48
A couple of typos; make-up and more (not note) help.
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

shuttleplayer

23rd December 2014, 20:13
Thanks ginge - got the first 2 OK but am still stuck on 10ac. I think I have used all the letters without adding one here - unless I have 3d RH wrong where I have used the Y. (cant believe I didnt see 1 down - thick or what?).
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

ginge

23rd December 2014, 20:19
Hi again shuttle player, I could easily be wrong but I added the "a" in 10a, where have you placed it?
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

shuttleplayer

23rd December 2014, 20:40
I put in at the beginning of 7ac, which I now see as wrong (wasnt needed). Now realised what the answer is. Thanks and have a Happy Christmas.
17 of 17  -   Report This Post