CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

16th November 2014, 13:50
Quixote

Re your query on 12d I have a five year period in ancient Rome which fits the parsing perfectly
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th November 2014, 13:51
Me too!
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th November 2014, 13:59
See you next Thursday on PR jazzy. No excuses!

Maybe Quixote who can answer all the clues can write them as well.
i don't think I've seen you have a go either, Rusty.
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th November 2014, 14:01
rossim. you know I am useless at clever and witty parsing. There is so much talent on PR and the clues are way beyond my comprehension despite knowing the answer 👀
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th November 2014, 14:06
This is why I don't do Clueless! I don't have the confidence to do the judging on my own. With PR, if I don't get them after a certain amount of study, I just dismiss them.
It's a great feeling when you get your first vote!.....and if you don't get any it doesn't matter.
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

rusty

16th November 2014, 14:47
I think it is great that you enjoy PR, Rossim!
I think it would be a bit "confining" for me.
I am happy dipping in and out of the forum as fancy takes me.
There are certainly some great solvers on the Forum.
Long may it continue!
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

quixote

16th November 2014, 20:46
Hey , jazzgirl - like it!! Dr Wilkes, as they insist on saying in Hastings.
'Hello, Central.....'
You won't have heard that I lost my crown as Hastings W***k King this year - having necked the pint of slimy darlings in 5mins ~23 secs and 2 mins ~32 secs (guessing the exact time) in 2012 and 2013 respectively, I was slaughtered by a guy with a dreadlock ponytail, army boots, whole-body tattoos, camo trousers and nipple rings who DRANK them in about 1 min 30 secs. Fair play to him - I reckon he was risking choking - and I've had my life saved by the Heimlich manoeuvre (hey!) exactly one time too many in this lifetime, so didn't attempt to follow suit. I bought him a beer after and thanked god that he and his girlfriend had to finish the upgrades to the Crown that I'd embarked on, and get the cup engraved, instead of me. I'm game to have another go next August
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th November 2014, 21:17
Hi Quixote
Sorry you have lost your crown. The whole thing sounds perfectly disgusting to me . haha ;0)
I left an answer for you re my musical ability (or rather, lack of it !) on the previous thread. I guessed it was you after you mentioned Richmond last year. My late husband had a fleeting connection with the Bonzos when he stood in for the tuba player one night . Great days. I see the remaining few members had an "almost the Bonzo" night in August this year. I would have loved to have been there.

18 of 18  -   Report This Post