CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

15th September 2014, 21:17
It beats me why any advertising agency thinks that a really intrusive, flashing advert is going to sell anything to anyone. I now have bad associations with Listerine, for example, one of whose products I actually use. Or used to.
I also felt even more negative about Tesco than usual after they had a flashing advert on here.
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

eiderjag

15th September 2014, 21:24
Yes, the Tesco advert was often giving me the start of a migraine, causing me to quit the site.
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 17:45
The problem was reported to admin, and Ash was looking into it.
At the moment, the flashing Ads have gone away. Just hope it is permanent
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

rusty

16th September 2014, 17:59
Haven't we heard this before, Jazzgirl?
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 18:13
yes indeed rusty. I am just grateful to be able to log in, add post and use quick solve without any interruptions. Fingers crossed......
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 18:21
Oh no..........they're back !!!
Completely obscuring the "add post " box.....
bye......
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

missy

16th September 2014, 22:39
Currys PC world HP is also extremely irritating.
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

17th September 2014, 10:14
Once again, this gets a bit repetitive, I have to apologise for the instrusive flashing adverts.

In my opinion the advertising companies do not act responsibly. Ash gets the flashing ads turned off as soon as he is made aware of them and then, lo and behold, they appear a few days\weeks later.

I have asked if he can take it up with the advertising company to ensure that they don't reappear. Forum users accept we need adverts to run the site but the flashing ones calls health problems and, as such, are not acceptable.

In reply to Chrise, the revenues from advertising are greater than the running costs of the site, Ash is a businessman running his own Web Design company (www.evoluted.net if anyone wants to take a look) and each facet of the company has to make a profit, that's life!

Keep fingers crossed they disappear for good.
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

daisychain55

17th September 2014, 10:21
Interesting posts..I use ipad typically, & have similar problems trying to block the flashing ads.. Just wanted to suggest to jazzgirl, if you're unfamiliar with another 'solve ' tool, Chambers word wizard is a good alternative to quick solve (& has no external ads..)
19 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th September 2014, 10:35
Thanks daisychain55 . I do already have Chambers Word Wizard as an quick-click icon on iPad and occasionally use it, (and less so Quick Solve.). I am on laptop at the moment which is a relief !
20 of 40  -   Report This Post