CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

claxbypluckacre

12th September 2014, 23:05
Thanks hankir
41 of 45  -   Report This Post

paul

13th September 2014, 10:59
Well done Marty, thanks Aristo - and Hankir!
42 of 45  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

13th September 2014, 11:01
Hello everyone a big thank-you to richard jws ixion and fieryjack for voting for my clue . Cheers for the mention ginge and parsing Les's clue (costing yourself a vote!)
Great clip aristo - you forget how good those cartoons were .My favourite was a gangster film parody "... it's curtains for you bugsy"
@claxbypluckacre (nice name)
Plot to kill = def. (the valkrie plot to kill Hitler)
that bloke singing Delaney's Donkey =VAL
lord have mercy= KYRIE

Val Doonican is an irish crooner and that's one of his better known songs . He's not everyone's cup of tea.
Kyrie eleison or the Kyrie is part of the catholic Latin Mass it translates as lord have mercy . A phrase likely to uttered by one of Doonican's detractors .
43 of 45  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th September 2014, 13:06
It should perhaps be pointed out that, although it's part of the Latin Mass, it's Greek. My own idea for wordplay was something like "toilet backing up before beginning of Mass", and I was surprised that Kyrie wasn't being used a lot.

Oh Bwunhilde, you're so wovewy.
I know it, I can't help it.

Even better than Anna Russell's send-up of The Ring, nicht wahr?
44 of 45  -   Report This Post

ixion

13th September 2014, 14:22
Congratulations bbm2, thanks for interesting clue fodder and great prize aristo and thanks for the vote ginge.
45 of 45  -   Report This Post