CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nick

8th September 2014, 18:38
Highlighter, the author doesn't come into the endgame, the title does of course as do the other hints.
11 of 32  -   Report This Post

highlighter

8th September 2014, 18:41
Thanks Nick,

I've just added together full title and the other hints to get the composite volume...
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

tandethsquire

8th September 2014, 18:43
Thanks highlighter; I had figured that the extra words would play a part, but any attempts to do anything with them have resulted in so much gobbledygook. I'm confident about my parsing of the clues though...
13 of 32  -   Report This Post

highlighter

8th September 2014, 18:48
Hi Tandethsquire,

If you look at the extra words, they all have the thematic character in them. You literally have to follow this character in each of the words with the following character to find what you're looking for...
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

tandethsquire

8th September 2014, 19:00
D'oh! Thanks, highlighter.
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

josephine44

8th September 2014, 19:07
Can anyone help by explaining what the further information in the message actually means?
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

unclued

8th September 2014, 19:43
Josephine - the total number of cells in the 3D structure is 34. There are two groups of 10 and then 14 made up of the title + OW - upside down the W makes a letter M - that was a nice touch. I began by finding the two blocks of 10 cells built from the two sets of words in capitals. The blocks are located middle top and bottom. Hope that also gives anyone else who is struggling a bit of a push!
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

8th September 2014, 19:47
Josephine, I think it means that the number in the message is the number of cells the shape has to cover.

I'm so puzzled by this in many ways, but I have a more basic question, first. I've been through the dictionary but can't find a word that fits the clue and the letters I have in 22a. I have TA?SE. Have I gone wrong somewhere?
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

carpox1

8th September 2014, 20:05
cloverjo: TA?SE is correct. The 'alleys' are marbles and the 'cat' is the the cat o' nine tails. Hope that this helps.
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

8th September 2014, 20:22
Thanks, carpox1. Back to puzzling over the rest of it.
20 of 32  -   Report This Post