CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

9th August 2014, 14:12
I've just done a "safe" test on all the urls which this Tesco ad refers me to. All of them (they vary and there are at least 8 !!) are FORBIDDEN by my computer. This is bad. This link has been forwarded to admin. but at weekends it is difficult for it to be solved.
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

rusty

9th August 2014, 14:17
Well done, Jazzgirl!
What would we do without you!!
12 of 26  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

9th August 2014, 15:13
Ash will look at this ad as soon as he can. It is a nuisance, I have been getting it for ages, I assumed it was because I had used Tesco Online shopping in the past. I don't hover anywhere near it, far safer to keep clear.

13 of 26  -   Report This Post

chrisg

9th August 2014, 15:22
Thanks Norah. I wasn't getting the ad but it has now appeared!
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th August 2014, 15:45
Thanks Norah.
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

mamya

9th August 2014, 16:11
Thanks Norah - I agree with everyone, Ads bring revenue but the flashing ones are way too much.

I have acute open angle glaucoma and suffer migraines and the flashing lights make me ill.
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

finley

9th August 2014, 16:58
I have only just logged in and am REALLY fed up with the flashing Tesco ad!! It is interfering with my brain processes and spoiling the enjoyment of the site!! Will read all the previous comments and see if it is possible to get rid of it!!
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

elle

9th August 2014, 17:15
I use IE, but since I followed chrisg's advice and put on Active X filtering , I have not had a single advert appear for several weeks now!! I am entirely "advert-free"!

However, just to see what you are all talking about... I tried accessing this site using Google Chrome - adverts everywhere! and yes, the Tesco on IS a nightmare ! (I too suffer from migraines, Mamya, and certainly wouldn't be able to cope with this......)

Back to IE and my Active X filtering - thanks again, chrisg!
18 of 26  -   Report This Post

caro

9th August 2014, 17:32
I have just done what Chrisg suggested on IE. It has not removed the Tesco ad but it has stopped flashing for which great thanks.
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

livs

10th August 2014, 09:34
One workaround is to put up the Windows Task Manager, which stays 'on top': move it to cover the offending ad.

My lovely DH wrote me a script which generates a box which can be resized and also stays 'on top' - and can be run multiple times to cover all annoying ads. Unfortunately, my security s/w keeps telling me it's behaving suspiciously and removing it!
20 of 26  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Tescos ad