CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bookbinder

29th January 2010, 11:55
I won a dictionary (very nice one, too) on Saga Crossword a few months ago. But I rarely win on crosswords (or anything else, come to that). I once won a car, but it wasn't on a crossword competition.
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

will

29th January 2010, 15:07
thought it was all acon until one thursday alarge envelope from sat. telegragh arrived with runner up prize. have to confess real buzz was from seeing name in print albeit tucked away in the middle of the paper. goes to show andy warhol was right.
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

robtherich

29th January 2010, 15:24
Boasted to a similar query some time ago that I scored the Indy on Sunday at first attempt (bit gobsmacked) and the Observer after a year's patient sending. Results: duplications of dictionaries already on the shelf, but name in paper for something other than murder nice to see. Keep plugging at Radio Times (not 'cos it's a fun crossword; it's not) as I'd quite like one of those clever recordery thingies. But if I ever win RT then I'll stop as I'll have done my three and I can save on stamps.

Have always wondered about timing of return, or accidental inclusion of a Lakeland voucher, or daubing the envelope with can't-miss graffiti, but being a bear of little brain I'll just keep plodding on and hoping for the best.

How about Premium Bonds? Bugger all for yonks.
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

bigdee

30th January 2010, 01:53
2 years ago I won Daily Mail wish list worth £3,200, not a lot since, Dr. Who book, 2 bags for life, £20 M&S voucher for Simply Prizes crossword, make-up, Carling T-shirt, still waiting for the big one and not for the want of trying as I enter hundreds of competitions a month, thank goodness for email.
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

tonta

30th January 2010, 23:08
I have sent in The Observer Everyman almost every week for years. I"m not interested in the prize - just the satisfaction/gratification of winning it. But I console myself by thinking of the article, featured in The Observer many years ago, of a reverend gentleman who had submitted Everyman for something like 50 years. On the Sunday following his death his name appeared as a winner. Maybe I can do without the edification.....
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

robtherich

31st January 2010, 11:34
Thanks, Tonta, for the big grin-maker on an otherwise grimbo day
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

silly boy

31st January 2010, 11:44
Last year I was lucky enough to have won just under £1000 ..... mainly from the Daily/Sunday Express and Daily Mail. Hope I can improve this year ...... to cover my postage ! lol ;o)
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

marnie

31st January 2010, 15:02
I have been doing 'The Week' crossword for the past couple of years and very early on I won one of their Pure radios. I have to admit I couldn't believe that I'd actually won something !
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

craig

31st January 2010, 17:24
Does anyone know if you have more chance by EMailing answers (if relevant) or to send in post?
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

ajt

31st January 2010, 17:29
I've won 4 Mephistos over the last year entering them via their web site - on the other hand I've been entering the Guardian weekly prize xword via the web for several years and the only time I've won their dictionary was via a postal entry. Take your pics!
20 of 22  -   Report This Post