CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

11th July 2014, 17:52
Hi PAUL @#3#
Have a nice day ( but apparently not tomorrow) Say Sunday
THEA
21 of 35  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th July 2014, 18:27
bobsmum @ 2
22 of 35  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

11th July 2014, 19:26
Bobsmum @ 2
23 of 35  -   Report This Post

oblib

11th July 2014, 19:37
Fieryjack @17
24 of 35  -   Report This Post

les40

11th July 2014, 21:47
Evening all,
I've let it run a half hour over in case of late votes, but,

With 1 vote each Paul & Fieryjack, with 2 votes we have bobs mum. However, with 3 votes it's Chrise's excellent offering who takes the winning baton this week with his clue:

A change of mind since recipe's altered. (12)

Chrise and ianshaw didn't vote, which is a little unlucky for the rest, not sure if it would have made a difference.

Thanks all for taking part, plenty of superb anagrams and extractions, something a bit different from oblib, explained very skillfully by AB (who else with such brevity)
A lovely surface read clue from mattrom, I did think Ginge would have grabbed a vote with his very clever substitute of 'sip' (drink) for 'min' (30 seconds - half a [min]ute) - Did some of you miss this? if so, please ask for a parse, it does no harm to ask.

Thanks again all, Les40

PS: My feedback on your request about how the Weekend Peer Review should run is, yes, give it a bit more time to attract setters from around the world, the more the merrier.

Here are your prizes Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS3BBNOLCB8&src_vid=vNaXxXNFOjM&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_2738097663

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuiE0hc77NY
25 of 35  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th July 2014, 22:11
Well done chrise, cheers Les. I love zarf (or zurf). I had cause at some point to look it up in Chambers before now and envisaged something fancy made of porcelain or silver and to find it applies equally to a band of corrugated cardboard is quite amusing.
Thanks for the kind words.
26 of 35  -   Report This Post

mattrom

11th July 2014, 22:18
Well done chrise. Thanks to Les for hosting and the mention.

OK, I confess! I did spend some time on ginge's clue. Even though I got the "min" part, I overcomplicated it by looking for a backwards extraction anagram.
27 of 35  -   Report This Post

les40

11th July 2014, 23:27
Cheers ginge.
That's understandable mattrom as Ginge is known for his extraction anagrams, they've been a favourite foible of his for some time.

Just to let you know I'll be doing a bit on the JE on Sunday hopefully as I've been a bit busy this week and I'm also gonna be quite busy tomorrow (Saturday)

Goodnight all,
28 of 35  -   Report This Post

les40

11th July 2014, 23:35
Oh bugger! Forgot to mention Paul, have I mis-parsed your post 3?
I felt it was an anagram but if so, does it have an anomaly with the fodder (extra 's' - Not enough e's) Please advise if I'm reading it wrong if you get chance mate.
29 of 35  -   Report This Post

oblib

11th July 2014, 23:41
Well done Chrise,thank you les for hosting,and the mention.Thanks ab too!
30 of 35  -   Report This Post