CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

25th January 2010, 16:41
I also thought EXILE,can't improve on Terrys answer.
TONNEAU seems good TONNE +AUnt

11 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th January 2010, 16:44
Sorry-Ignore my last post (relation wasn't mentioned in the clue).
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

gordon

25th January 2010, 17:04
although this does not actually assist in a positive way can I just point out that TONNEAU is one letter too many.
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

sally

25th January 2010, 17:07
Thanks everyone for helping so much. AJT asks if there are any general rules. Yes (sorry I didn't mention them before) In 11 of the clues cryptic indications omit reference to parts of the answers to go into the grid. You end up with a person born 100 years ago (which is Joyce Grenfell) and something she was responsible for (which is monologue. If the answer to one of my clues is nuthatch, then the "weight" clue will end in H ans the "nurse" clue will end in T.

Gosh it makes my mind boggle!
Sally
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

ajt

25th January 2010, 17:14
That account then - parts of the answers unclued. So the answers are nuthatch, entrust, exile and tonneau -not in the right order I know.
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

the riddler

25th January 2010, 17:17
Given what Gordon pointed out could the seat clue be HOUDAH?
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

terry

25th January 2010, 17:17
I'm rather losing the will to live. The seat one could now be HOWDAH.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

ajt

25th January 2010, 17:22
It seems to be tonneau - it does have weight in the answer. Sally has said that general rules for the whole puzzle says that some letters are unclued. There is no reference to weight in Howhar, or houdah, was it?
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

sally

25th January 2010, 17:23
Thanks again everyone. Houdah would certainly fit with nuthatch Riddler. It would however make the "our team" answer begin with D - becoming
D - E (if entreat) or U (if entrust) - E

Sorry to be such a pain.
Sally
19 of 19  -   Report This Post