CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

fieryjack

9th July 2014, 14:05
Discontented or lost at reunion bash (5)
21 of 34  -   Report This Post

rambler

9th July 2014, 18:41
First of all thanks very much for all your entries - who would have thought that a little French word would be so productive? I think we have just about every style of clue represented here and therein lies my difficulty in finding a winner - how do you choose between clues that are so good and yet so very different?

I have parsed all your clues and could not really separate several in terms of clever construction. In the end I went for the clue which I thought captured the overall mood of the word with its unforced wordplay and wonderful surface reading - the brilliant entry from mattrom:

That "same old song" feeling - played in tune but out of time.

Congrats, mattrom, hope you like your prize - this the second in the series but part one is a bit amateurish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M&feature=kp
22 of 34  -   Report This Post

ginge

9th July 2014, 18:50
Congratulations mattrom, cheers rambler (loved the clip).
23 of 34  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2014, 18:59
Congratulations, mattrom (lovely clue) and thanks rambler. I too loved the clip - how very French (and feline), though the postcard was in Italian.
24 of 34  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

9th July 2014, 19:35
Well done mattrom, thanks rambler for hosting and the great prize
25 of 34  -   Report This Post

ab

9th July 2014, 20:34
Congratulations, mattrom.
26 of 34  -   Report This Post

ab

9th July 2014, 20:36
Chrise, the postcard is a tile, sold in Italy and based on the "Attenti al cane" tile found in Pompeii.
27 of 34  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2014, 20:42
Thanks AB - I wasn't sure what it was.
28 of 34  -   Report This Post

mattrom

9th July 2014, 21:52
Thank you so much, Rambler, quite unexpected. So many good clues again.
I loved the clip!

Due to different time zones, I hope it's OK if Clueless closes a bit later next week - 10pm BST on the 16th.

Cheers till then
29 of 34  -   Report This Post

busby

9th July 2014, 23:30
Well done Mattrom, Thanks Rambler
30 of 34  -   Report This Post