CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aldobear

22nd April 2014, 19:51
Agreed it doesn't say that on the website, but it does often say so on the monthly newsletter that accompanies the quiz answers, so the participants know. I agree it says you can google, but there is a big difference between using google to research the answer yourself and posting the question on a Q&A site and getting someone else to do the hard work for you!
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

malone

22nd April 2014, 20:50
... especially if you're wanting others to do the hard work or provide the answers for you on a regular basis.
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

kenyatta

22nd April 2014, 22:29
I would have thought it up to each individual whether to provide help with answers. It is nobody else's business.
There are more important matters to get agitated about, surely?
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

aldobear

23rd April 2014, 06:49
Kenyatta - all quizzes have rules - entry fees, closing dates, etc. some also say no asking for help on Q&A sites. I think the quiz setter should be able to define their own rules and the entrants should abide by those rules. Great Brain Quiz, the predecessor to Great Fun Quiz had the same rules, but ceased because too many people abused the rules and asked for the answers on a plate on Q&A sites. Pastiche was one of the main culprits and continues to be so!
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

kenyatta

23rd April 2014, 09:36
I broadly agree with you about the importance of rules within a community, Aldobear.
Nevertheless, banging on about it in the Forum doesn't appear to deter the transgressors.
A bit like life in general, I suppose.
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

cosmo123

23rd April 2014, 17:32
So what's the answer ?
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd April 2014, 17:34
Google it :-)
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

aldobear

23rd April 2014, 17:44
Nice one, Mamya!
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

cosmo123

23rd April 2014, 17:54
I tried , as per your instructions .
All I got was Hislop
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd April 2014, 18:12
Well it works for me, I shan't answer as I try not to answer quiz queries on websites and stick to crosswords - occasionally been duped by a wrong thread title but do my best to follow the rules of quiz setters and indeed any game I participate in.

Maybe being a quiz fanatic is a big part of my attitude.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post