CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

albert

8th March 2014, 16:25
Help on a help forum? whatever next!
chrorley9, what kind of reply did you expect to your snide comment. I am sorry I singled you out, Georgeiii was also unnecessarily sour towards me for trotting out some useless trivia. Who on earth would be impressed by this?
17 of 25  -   Report This Post

chorley9

8th March 2014, 16:33
Aldobear just for the record I already had the answer before the clue was posted.

I also think there is a big difference between a site with 16 people and the hundreds that must be on Answerbank and Crossword Clue Solver.
18 of 25  -   Report This Post

aldobear

8th March 2014, 16:40
If you had the answer, there was no need to post in the first place. If you got it after you posted, that just shows what perseverance does for you.

On your other point, I would respectfully point out that you are still getting someone else to give you the answer or a rather obvious clue - the size of the internet site is irrelevant. The crux of the problem is that you ignored the quiz setters request, yet criticized someone else for doing the same on another quiz.
19 of 25  -   Report This Post

mamya

8th March 2014, 16:47
As I too commented and to a point singled you out Chorley (though only in regard to the dig at answerers, I feel they should be left out of this) - it is an age old problem and will never be resolved to the satisfaction of all.

What is sad to see here is things getting personal and mentions of what he/she said /did on another site - I see no need for that at all.

We quizzers are a funny lot ( well I am funny full stop - but that's another story) and we hold our favourite quizzes close , best that I try is to point out closing dates if they are far away and setters wishes if stated - after that it is up to the individual.

Please don't fall out about this.
20 of 25  -   Report This Post

elle

8th March 2014, 16:54
Hey guys, this is getting very personal and acrimonious! Can't you "forgive and forget" and metaphorically "shake hands"?
21 of 25  -   Report This Post

chorley9

8th March 2014, 17:03
Mamya I am not in the least offended by your comments as I think you are a very fair minded person but I do think some of the people who give answers are a bit over the top who would give thousands of answers and not ask a single question even if it was only to ask about the weather.
22 of 25  -   Report This Post

albert

8th March 2014, 17:26
what a curious comment chorley9. I am no longer sure what exactly it is that makes you so peevish. anyway, forgive and forget, I shall say no more.
23 of 25  -   Report This Post

chorley9

8th March 2014, 17:31
Albert I am far from peevish. I send lots of quizzes in with gaps. I have had the pleasure of doing them so I think I should pay for them.
24 of 25  -   Report This Post

albert

8th March 2014, 17:41
Please forgive me chorley9, but you do sound a bit irritable.
Did someone not pay for a quiz then? that would annoy me too.
I also buy quizzes when the fancy takes me.
25 of 25  -   Report This Post