CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

eddie b

6th January 2010, 00:43
I've won the runner up prize pen in the Sunday Times

I've won the Saturday Times 3 times

I've won the Mephisto runner up prize ( cash - which is better than winning a dictionary )

I've done The Guardian Crossword for over 20 years and won Nothing
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

eddie b

6th January 2010, 00:45
Oh ! Forgot to say, I also won The Times Jumbo 2 prize, so I've got the massive Atlas which I must look at one day.
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrisg

6th January 2010, 06:23
I have been doing the Sunday Times and Sat DT crosswords for 40 years and I have won zilch. I have tried posting them on Sat and Sun to be the first opened , and delaying posting until Thurs on the basis that early entries received will be at the bottom of the pile. Perhaps I should include a £10 note to cover "Handling charges"...would this do the trick?
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

jim

6th January 2010, 08:23
I sent in the Sunday Times cryptic by post for about 16 years and won nothing, but since retirement five years ago I've been doing the Saturday Times, the two Saturday Jumbos and the Sunday Times online via the Crossword Club. This way I don't have to buy the papers and I can do them from anywhere in the world. And so far I've won a 20-pound voucher for the Saturday Xword and a runners-up pen for the Sunday Times. And I'm still plugging away.

14 of 22  -   Report This Post

wendy

6th January 2010, 08:40
I've been doing the Sunday Times crossword with my mum and sister every week for about ten years. All three of us send in our own entry - my mum has won the first prize pen four times... but my sister and I have never won anything! We're cheesed off!
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

silly boy

6th January 2010, 10:20
I stick to the easier crosswords in ths Mail and Express (weekdays and Sundays) and during 2009 I was lucky enough to have won almost £1000. !!!!! Just about covered my postage ! lol ;o)
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

6th January 2010, 10:26
Hmmm, looks like "silly boy" has got it right then!
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

machloop

6th January 2010, 11:43

Interesting, I never really thought about sending them off, maybe I should start but only on the weeks where you lot don't help me.

I can't see a fountain pen being any use to me with the Times, to much bleeding............

18 of 22  -   Report This Post

barb

6th January 2010, 12:20
You're right Machloop. In fact I sold mine on e-bay just before Christmas
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

terry

6th January 2010, 12:37
You guys should adopt my "system" for the national lottery. I've got my six lucky numbers,but I never actually buy a ticket. The draw is really exciting imagining how pig-sick we'd feel if the numbers came up. They never do of course,so we feel smug about keeping our money. I must be quids in.
20 of 22  -   Report This Post