CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cagey

8th August 2013, 12:57
I seem to be in a minority here (maybe even of one!), but I have been enjoying slowly working my way through this one. Just the top left hand corner to go, and to work out the new coin / note in the last across clue...
May even finish it before the next one out!

Cagey
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

cagey

9th August 2013, 23:28
Hi. Almost there now. Could some kind sole give me a nudge for 2down?
Thank you
Cagey
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

lavengro

10th August 2013, 07:13
I, too, need a nudge for 2 Down, as well as 1 Across (which is driving me nuts) and 13 Across ! ! This puzzle was a real slog IMO with only the neatness of the clues a redeeming feature. Some nice anagrams a second one ...
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

lavengro

10th August 2013, 09:56
All done now except for that elusive 13 Across !!! Am kicking myself for not getting 1 Across earlier, yet another very elegant clue devised by Dilwitch !

cagey the cryptic part of 2 Down follows the hyphen, and you need to think of a 4-letter word for "great" plus a poetic word for evening.

Any little hints as to 13 Ac will be more than welcome. Have just one letter now to fill in. Am assuming that the coin substitute consumes the first three squares ...
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

cagey

10th August 2013, 14:51
Yes it is the first three letters replaced. The eighteenth is referring to holes and L is which letter in this spiel?
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

piano

11th August 2013, 14:32
I still don't have the original answers for 13a or 14a.

My entries are: REDA? and ?BOBAE

So - some hints would be appreciated.
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

paul

11th August 2013, 14:45
Forgive the intrusion but for us non-Listener proprietors the clues would be helpful!
17 of 17  -   Report This Post