CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

2nd July 2013, 23:50
as a clue,
"i just don't like like it" - can i say that out loud whilst pinching my nose?
don't really give a damn about which camp it fits into.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd July 2013, 07:52
Sorry to disagree, trevor: I think the clue's brilliant, & I don't care, either, which "school" that puts me in!
Found the link to the text on the age-old rivalry very interesting, though, so thanks a lot for that!
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd July 2013, 08:49
I raised this issue last year & we discussed it here, but I can't find the thread.
Unfortunately, this site's search function is rather limited. Does anyone remember?

It's also came up in the JE. I believe the consensus there was that "phantom anagrams" were unfair.
See Aristo #5

Thanks, imagcq, for that link.
Something to think about. Perhaps "different strokes for different folks." (-8>
Has anyone seen Torquemada lately ?
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

imagcq

3rd July 2013, 20:33
Thanks to all who contributed,your thoughts on these matters are of great interest. Their are many great solvers and setters here,and its been a pleasure to be in your company these last three years. Thanks again everyone.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th July 2013, 18:30
Just saw this:

Train part of a swirling snowflake, for example (7)

Solution: FLATCAR = train part, swirling = anag. indicator,
snowflake, for example = fractal (which anagrams to flatcar).

Like a vision of hell.

15 of 16  -   Report This Post

imagcq

7th July 2013, 08:52
Aristophenes where on earth did you find that clue,hellish indeed,had not heard the expression Flatcar until i looked it up. I may well rework that clue in the ximenian style because i have always had a fascination with fractals.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post