CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

8th June 2013, 22:48
GK, you were in at the start, so you've done all that were posted.

The links at post #5 are two more that I found. That's the works.

Try the WSJ link. The Atlantic setters always had more challenging. Today's looks like a bruiser.

11 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th June 2013, 00:31
Thanks, Syzygy: I've got enough now for next week even if it snows (still allowing time for les's latest JE, of course)................
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

hayley

9th June 2013, 03:58
i've actually done all the atlantic---i prefer them, i even did the entire book(the one still in print) as well
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

syzygy

9th June 2013, 04:59
Yes, much more challenging & interesting than Harper's. So many variations.

It's a pity The Atlantic stopped publishing the puzzles; first in print & then on-line.
However, Cox and Rathvon, reputedly retired, now produce for the WSJ.
(Link at post #6)
Rather slow site - their money's working, not wasted on servers for the idle. (-;

Check the Saturday entries. Setters' names don't appear up top, so it can be a bit tedious.
Patrick Berry (?), of NYT fame, seems to be a major player, but he doesn't do cryptics.

Do you know what years the book covers? 96 pages, so ~ 180 puzzles?
It's only $8 at Amazon, & if I've done them before it will be a good test of the old memory chips.

Might I ask a favour of you? The library has renewed the Harper's subscription so we should be good for another year, but if an issue goes missing perhaps you could supply the puzzle. ?
There was a rumble above about back-issues. The sharks are gathering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4

Cheers.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

hayley

9th June 2013, 11:50
possibly, i don't really know how, but email me if you want something kakumei@verizon.net
15 of 15  -   Report This Post