CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

4th June 2013, 20:18
Am I the first to post this week? It is after 8 o'clock in the evening. Maybe you all found it too easy to comment. Well, I didn't. It took me over an hour to discover that the answer to 24 across wasn't tempo. Once I got past that hiccup, thing fell into place, but it wasn't exactly a walk in the park.

Lovely sunshine in the west. I might even undo a couple of toggles on my duffle coat if this keeps up.

I hope all are well.

Best wishes.

P

1 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th June 2013, 20:21
Hi pipesmoker
Glorious day out for us too.
I needed some electronic help with a couple of the anagrams, but apart from that I didn't think it was too difficult.
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th June 2013, 20:23
Hello Mr P.
I haven't yet bought my copy, as I've been too busy with the gardening. Hope to buy it tomorrow. Best wishes to you. J
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

wally

4th June 2013, 20:48
Hi Folks!
Funny isn’t it? Last week I found it easy: this week hard. Even when I had some of the answers (from the general meaning) I found it difficult to parse them 2dn It took me half an hour to realise that ” to manage” is “to cope” and 8ac was just as difficult. What about 20ac where two monsters will fit in with the “down letters” but only one of them is right and the clever play on “fast” in 24ac!. I do, however, feel rather smug today that I don’t need any help at all.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th June 2013, 08:11
Lovely to see a bit of sun at last. I finished the x-word, but can`t account for `tau` in 20ac - I thought it might be some kind of cross, but it seems not. Also - where does the `kick-start` come in 1d (if it starts with `pot` as I assume) ? Magw
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

cantersue

5th June 2013, 10:07
Hi. Tau is a form of cross. Had to google it to confirm myself. Believe kickstand is a term for fertiliser which contains the "pot" element.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th June 2013, 10:12
Thank you, Cantersue. I did Google `tau` but didn`t find the definition! Should have looked further. I had no idea about `kickstand`. This forum is very educational ! Magw
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

cantersue

5th June 2013, 11:44
Sorry. Meant kick start. Google images gives pictures of tau cross.
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th June 2013, 11:57
Ah, yes. Tried again, including the word `cross` this time. very interesting................I hope I`ll remember that word. Thanks again, cantersue.
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th June 2013, 13:18
The "start" of Kick is K........
10 of 28  -   Report This Post