CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cantersue

29th May 2013, 17:18
Hi everyone. Not receiving my RT until Wednesdays at the moment with all the bank holidays, but have completed it now. Never heard of 10a, but feel I should have done.
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th May 2013, 18:36
I discovered that the answer to 10a was the middle name of the man who wrote the first ones . I particularly like these examples:

Edgar Allan Poe
Was passionately fond of roe.
He always liked to chew some
When writing anything gruesome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sir Christopher Wren
Said, 'I am going to dine with some men.
If anybody calls/
Say I am designing St Paul's.'"
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

cantersue

29th May 2013, 19:33
Thanks for that info.
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

raymond

30th May 2013, 12:07
Help please Mondrian...!

5d and 13d have defeated me..!

Unlike Wally I've struggled this week.

R :
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th May 2013, 12:10
Hi raymond
5d is an anagram including an abbreviation for "house". The instrument is musical (in some peoples' opinion)
13d is a place which has a racecourse, starting with an anagram of "tout"
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

mondrian

30th May 2013, 16:10
Raymond. Thanks for the complement of asking me to help you!! Usually I am the one in need of help. That racecourse thing starts with the letter `U`

I too am stuck on top left hand corner. In particular 7A Criminal element he precedes. So all the ones going down through it are also blanks, more or less. And 12 A has me stumped too but I do have enough to try Quick Solve.

Lovely day here in Glasgow.
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th May 2013, 16:35
hello Mondrian
I've just this minute checked in with a cup of tea.
7a is a synonym for a criminal, first 4 letters a word for a "He" as opposed to a "she"

12a definition; set free(a slave) or give the right to vote to. . Anagram of "hen fanciers"
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

cantersue

30th May 2013, 16:37
Mondrian.7a is a word for a criminal. Made up of a synonym for man (he) going before (precedes) a word for element or part which makes up something. Hope this helps with getting the ones down.
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

mondrian

30th May 2013, 16:46
Thank you Cantersue and jazzgirl. I did sort of have that word but could not `see` the relevance of `he`. How slow can one get!!!? Off home now to try and complete. I did get the other long word related to voting but only via Quick Solve.
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

raymond

30th May 2013, 17:31
Thanks Chris, so obvious (after a little help..!)

R :
20 of 23  -   Report This Post