CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

28th May 2013, 15:03
See here for crying out loud it's only common sense! (12)
11 of 36  -   Report This Post

ab

28th May 2013, 16:35
Musical taste? (12)
12 of 36  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

28th May 2013, 17:17
Retrospectively, Amnesty International (Sweden) expresses surprise that first Irishman perhaps yearns emptily for misplaced feelings? (12)

ab-esque, it isn't:)
13 of 36  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

28th May 2013, 20:51
I see ashtrays , pints merging together - taking trips is a side effect of LSD (12)
14 of 36  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th May 2013, 21:14
Imperfection heard with feeling can make pottery sing (12)
15 of 36  -   Report This Post

theambler

29th May 2013, 14:37
Yes, between the Poles as the roads and the sea go back round the crossed wires? (12)
Yes=Y
Poles =S and N
roads=A1s
go back=reverse
The=the
Crossed wires= Humurous definition
16 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

29th May 2013, 15:55
Afternoon clue dudes.

Somethings come up and I've come home early, so will be judging slightly earlier if that's ok. I'll pop back in 20 minutes with the result because I'm off out again at 4:15pm and not sure when I'll be back.

But, before that. Redelf, can you run a parse back to me for your post 13 clue.
If your Irishman is 'Sean' with yearns empty being YS, then I'm lost for HT and 'surprise seems redundant.
If Yearns empty is Yea(r)ns empty -without 'R' and an anagram = Yeans = Synae. - then I'm losing quite a bit in the middle.
Cheers mate
17 of 36  -   Report This Post

ab

29th May 2013, 16:09
Retrospectively, Amnesty International (Sweden) expresses surprise that first Irishman perhaps yearns emptily for misplaced feelings
Amnesty International = AI Sweden -S Expresses surprise= EH, that first- T, Irishman SEAN, yearns emptily YS, all "retrospectively gives SYNAESTHESIA?
18 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

29th May 2013, 16:14
Cheers AB,
I'd lost it with just 'surprise' and didn't take into account 'expresses surprise' = Eh

Back in a few minutes.
19 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

29th May 2013, 16:40
Well, I thought this word would be a difficult one to clue but have seen some great entries.
Whole and part anagrams, extraction anagrams too with one from our new member 'ginge' Welcome to the forum ginge. a homophone from GK and some cryptic Defs (Naughty Paul). Plenty of tricky wordplay and I was really struggling to pick a winner. Loved AB's ever succinct Musical taste? but for this weeks winner I have chosen a clue which must evoke memories for some of you crazy 1960's dudes with its impeccable surface read and great use of the word manipulation, and that is Bigbadmarty2 at post 14 with:

I see ashtrays, pints merging together - taking trips is a side effect of LSD (12)

Well done Marty you crazy magic mushroom, here is your science lesson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiN5kSRxcqM
20 of 36  -   Report This Post