CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

14th May 2013, 03:56
Thanks to Les, AB, & all the setters.

Haven't had much time lately to go at it seriously, Saved the links but if I download the files I'll see the results, which would spoil it.
I hope you saved those files, Les, in case Dropbox goes wonky.

@emrach - I think you said you might be last. I might take the honours there. (-;
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

rossim

14th May 2013, 08:06
I've checked the answers and came out with 75% (not counting my own clues!). I wish now that I'd spent a bit longer on TFL as there were several 'duh' moments. However, other duties called.
I'm looking forward to the next one.
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

ab

14th May 2013, 19:40
Just bumping up (and thanking Les again for all his work on this).
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

les40

15th May 2013, 02:15
Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it (or sent you crazy)
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th May 2013, 13:46
I think we all hesitate to do the plaudit thing because there are so many praiseworthy clues. I had a slew of stars, but have gone back and circled some of them. In NdP I have ixion's 3d. In FL, I liked Syzzie's idea, in 9a, of the Mexican zoo that acquires specimens through disreputable channels. Among the strumpets, I've singled out Rosalind's nice touch in 17a: "throbs excitedly with the onset of climax" (definitely in the right grid), and their patron ixion's 4d. In Gatekeepers I have Les's e. In TUV I have Les's 9a and 3d, peterm's 10a and 30a, and chrise's 2d. In MoL I've got AB's 23a. Everyone's offerings were quite enjoyable though!
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th May 2013, 13:56
As aristo has started the ball rolling, I'll add my favourites as well.
NdP: Bullfrog @20a
FL: aristo @ 14a
UV: Les @ 13a and Paul @ 22dn
MoL: AB @ 20dn
Strumpets: aristo @ 21d (sorry, ladies)
Gatekeepers: (g)

But there wer many other enjoyable clues as well. Hardest ever JE, I think.
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

15th May 2013, 17:14
I'd just like to thank les40 for his hard work in setting, co-ordinating, checking and presenting this month's gargantuan effort. Thanks also to ab for his / her work on the solutions / wordplay. Well done both of you!

I have favourite clues in each section which I thought were excellent - too many to mention.

However, as non professional setters, I think everyone who participated deserves a huge pat on the back for giving their time, effort and commitment to this JE. Well done to each and everyone of you for providing me with good deal of head-scratching fun and enjoyment:)

27 of 27  -   Report This Post