CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

15th April 2013, 22:13
Hope everything is ok with you pal, any news on who is responsible for the bombing?
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

theambler

15th April 2013, 22:34
Hi
Thinking of many Bostonians upset and worried by this awful attack
Thea and Mrs T
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

15th April 2013, 22:40
Yes- hope you and your family are safe .
Marty
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

15th April 2013, 23:03
Me too - have just seen the news videos. I hope you and those you care about are safe, and my heart goes out to those who are injured or have lost loved ones.
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th April 2013, 00:26
I don't know about aristo's family but he and his wife are currently hiking in the likes of Bryce Canyon, so should be safe, as least from bombs.
xR
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

16th April 2013, 04:40
As Rosalind says, my wife and I are in Utah with one of our daughters. We were leaving an organ recital at the Mormon Tabernacle in Salt Lake City when I got a text message from our son, who very seldom texts me. He wrote: "There are bombs going off. I love you guys so much." I stopped dead in my tracks of course, and called him, but couldn't reach him. It turned out that he had been at the finish line at Copley Square, but had just gone into a bar with some friends. The building shook, and he heard all the screaming, and he wasn't allowed to leave the bar for two hours, till after he'd been interrogated. All the cell phone signals were shut down, as were all forms of public transportation, and we couldn't reach him till several hours after the bombings, when he'd walked back to his apartment, five miles away in Charlestown. We haven't heard from other relatives yet.
We are now in what is surely one of the most beautiful places on God's earth, Zion National Park. It is so strange to turn on the TV thousands of miles from home and see all these scenes we're so familiar with (the marathon begins in a little town very close to ours). Thank you, dear friends, for your concern. There is so much evil in the world. May you and yours never experience this kind of terrorism.
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

busby

16th April 2013, 04:59
I sincerely hope all your family and friends are safe and well. Where we reside we haven't had to live through these sorts of events. We see news reports, but I can't even begin to imagine just what it would be like to experience something like this, and I hope we never will.
All the best Aristo.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

syzygy

16th April 2013, 05:01
Glad to hear you & your family are safe.
That must have been scary as hell, not being able to communicate with your son.

Also shows the vulnerability of the cell system which can switched off by the government at any moment.

What a horror show. Just got in from work so knew nothing until I clicked here.

My thoughts are with you.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th April 2013, 07:18
Glad to hear you're well, Aristo. I fear rhe world isn't. So we go on living with that fact. Thank you for the detailed description, frightening as it is. God bless. gk
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th April 2013, 07:39
They must have been among the longest hours of your life, aristo. I literally went cold when I read what you've all been through and what others will suffer for the rest of their lives.
We can at least be very thankful your son was not hurt.
x
R
10 of 19  -   Report This Post