CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

9th April 2013, 17:04
I told you mine was dafter.
21 of 30  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th April 2013, 17:56
Sorry for the delay folks, just got in. Nice day but very cold wind still.

Thanks for contributing everybody; Rossim; Jazzy; Rambler (4/5) and Trevor (4/5). You've solved them all between you. Here are my workings.

Wonder where Ari is today? Hope he's OK. Only a few of us here.

1. “personal ties” – “ essential” {not an anagram}= PRO = authority (Chambers Thes)

2. (crypt) TEA LADIES. tea (N. America) = marijuana = pot. [tea lady = “a woman who serves tea in a factory” (Chambers D)]

3. It’s ”in” there (encapsulate). SANDS = moments of time (Chambers D)

4. pat = dab; forbidden = out; bag = sag; bag (back) = gas; and ‘out’ yields ga(dab + out)s= GADABOUTS = pleasure-seekers (Chambers D)

5. “why do” nasty = Howdy; notes = dos (variant of ‘dohs’); HOWDY-DOS = troublesome states of affairs (Chambers D)

I'm late for din-dins, so will hasten to the table. I'll peek in later. Bless. J
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

rambler

9th April 2013, 18:14
I really didn't think TEA LADIES was correct - it was just a stab in the dark.
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th April 2013, 19:48
cheers Jolan - some ingenious clues again.
re. #2
i was thinking along the lines of Teapot with Plants, being Factories in America but that would have meant poor setting on your part - so, of course, as i already knew, i was wrong.
my favourite is a toss-up between 1 and 5.
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th April 2013, 19:54
...btw. i think Aristo was around yesterday with a post about people buying 'ikkle baby Poodles that were in fact, ferrets on steroids with blow dried hair! - i kid you not.
25 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th April 2013, 19:59
Just to let Jolan know that Andyc and Chrise are both on holiday, so missed out on today's offerings.
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th April 2013, 21:08
Thanks for the intel Jazzy and Trevor. Tes, the 'pot' in TEA LADIES had a slightly double meaning. I sometimes struggle to put 'em all together each week. But I enjoy it.
I'm going to have a cataract op tomorrow week (17th). Hopefully all will go OK . When Helen had one some years ago, the op left her eye "dead" with no sight at all. Luckily she's doing OK with the remaining eye. This should not affect 5@5 at all. Fingers crossed! I'm going off-line now but will look in tomorrow.

Keep well!

PS. I saw a pic of the miniature poodle/ferret. A lovely little white bundle. What a laugh :)) Nite-nite and xx (to the ladies)
27 of 30  -   Report This Post

emrach

9th April 2013, 21:11
Sorry I missed this today Jolan but I hope you are well and good luck with the op :)
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th April 2013, 22:24
A friend of mine is having that op tomorrow. I shall not mention the 'dead' eye! I do hope yours goes well Jolan.
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

10th April 2013, 01:47
Sorry I missed the fun, Jolan, and thanks for your concern. I did check in this morning, got three of them, then had to run off. Great as always. I have to miss next week's 5 too- off on a hiking trip! I trust your surgery will be a whopping success. Best wishes to you and Helen.
30 of 30  -   Report This Post