CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

7th April 2013, 03:53
I'm sure everyone has seen Minority Report:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181689/

20 of 37  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th April 2013, 08:29
Syzygy - posted O3.53 !! If all this hoo-ha is keeping you up night, just ignore it and get some sleep! magw
21 of 37  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th April 2013, 08:30
Up ALL night I meant to write. M.
22 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th April 2013, 08:31
It's OK Mag. He lives on the other side of the World in a different time zone. I hope someone has released him from his corner, please ! x
23 of 37  -   Report This Post

rosalind

7th April 2013, 10:28
Syzzie
You are NOT in the doghouse, you are a very valued member of this Forum.
Rx
PS Still not managed ANY of your clues on JE!!
24 of 37  -   Report This Post

magworth

7th April 2013, 10:45
Sorry Syzygy - I didn`t know you lived far away. I hope it`s somewhere warmer than here! Well, get a good night`s sleep anyway. Magw.
25 of 37  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

7th April 2013, 15:58
Yes, Pastille, we do let you have conversations and fun and I very rarely take action on these ‘non crossword’ activities even though I often get requests to delete a particular thread because it has nothing to do with crosswords, most of the time I just leave you to get on with it in peace and harmony. However, I would ask you all to remember that this is first and foremost a Crossword Forum. Perhaps it was precipitate to delete this particular thread but life on the forum has been very peaceful lately and I wanted it to remain that way. And Trevor, if I had a pound for every “bloody Norah” I have heard, then I would be a rich woman today! Syzygy, please come out of the doghouse and thanks for your quick reply to my e-mail.
26 of 37  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th April 2013, 23:48
Oops...sorry Norah.

I just got my dander up, must control my dander.

But, in my defence, I do think Syzygy post explaining his " parsing" for a Joint Effort clue was quite fair...not an excuse for a "debate" that didn't happen.

Any way ..love to all.

The pasty ....why did my name..."pastille" turn into a reference to a nipple tassel?

I blame you TREVOR,,
27 of 37  -   Report This Post

syzygy

8th April 2013, 06:21
Wow ! Thank you all for the support. I didn't intend to to start a controversy. I try to keep a low profile.
My first statement on the deleted thread was “I'm an animal lover too ... “.
Always had a pair of puddy-tats, and over the years a couple of dogs as well.

Perhaps if I had stuck to the original thread it might not have been noticed & there wouldn't have been a problem. However, if a discussion starts to, or is likely to, get off-topic I usually start a new thread & redirect. This one caught the attention of someone by the name of “? ? acolyte” - I don't remember the full name, but not someone who participates in the JE or other threads that I've seen. Possibly a troll who mustered some support to complain.

@Norah - yes, the forum has become much more civil, & thank you for that.
Frequently there are threads that are not crossword-related and members title them as such, as did I. Perhaps we should move those to a site such as Answer Bank which hosts a large number of topic pages.

@magworth & jazzgirl
Thanks for your concern. Yes, different time zone - (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time.
Last week ~ 20°, now back to London weather – bloody miserable, wet and cold.

@rosalind Thank you. Thought my clues were rather tame, except for 26A, the trouble-maker.
The alternative was probably also non-PC: “... I bat for the other team ...”.
Maybe that will give you another hint.

@trevor & pastille Careful now! Some sites bleep certain words. We are still subject to totalitarianism when it comes to language:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

In closing:
http://www.wimp.com/dogdeer/

Everyone happy now?

Cheers.
28 of 37  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

8th April 2013, 08:47
Well said, Syzygy --- and a nice conciliatory clip!
btw your critic appears quite regularly here.
I must say if you live in a country where animal protection is written very, very small you come to miss the more Anglo-Saxon attitude seriously. That doesn't mean old ladies have to inherit their fortune to 100 cats, as happened in my area in my youth (and later abroad by chance I had students who had lodged with her & found cat's hairs in everything...)
Perhaps the really hot subjects belong somewhere else: I've nothing against chat on a X-wd forum, but obviously certain political opinions could disturb the peace completely. And even if that sounds bourgeois & pro-Thought Police, surely "Admin" has to step in somewhere.
As I originally said, "Peace!"
29 of 37  -   Report This Post