CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

6th April 2013, 19:26
did i miss something? your thread "redirect-from-je-not-xword" seems to have been purged!
it all seemed rather tame and civil when i last viewed it. Either it hotted up or off-topic stuff is now a no-no.
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th April 2013, 19:39
Bring back Fenton ! I miss him
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

imagcq

6th April 2013, 19:57
Hello Trevor The thread you are asking about is near the bottom of page 3 at the moment.

Hope all is well with you,not seen you about for a while
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

imagcq

6th April 2013, 20:00
Sorry trevor meant to say it appears inside the JE thread on that page
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

trevor

6th April 2013, 20:13
i'm good thanks imagcq - v nice that you noticed. i'm not around so much lately, hope you too are keeping well.
the thread that you refer to seems to contain a link to another thread that no longer exists, ie
http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/338495/redirect-from-je-not-xword
@jazzgirl tee-hee, it's the blokes voice that cracks me up tho. the original clip was filmed and uploaded by his son - a tad disrespectful?
fenton is still a legend.
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th April 2013, 20:19
trevor, I first saw Fenton on the local BBC London TV. The clip had over 800,000 hits on youtube.
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th April 2013, 20:22
Hi, I did add a comment to that thread, but just saying I was a Fenton Fan, and that I loved a bit of persiflage.....

...so I was behaving......not sure what happened!
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

6th April 2013, 20:26
Just checked Fenton and he now has over 8 million hits. I saw nothing after your post pastille, unless something was added during the night
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

trevor

6th April 2013, 20:36
8 MILLION?!!! Jeez.
there are more than a few "remix" clips up there too.

the last thing that i saw on that thread was your post Pasty. I can only think that it got nasty (damn, i missed it) or Syzygy asked to have it removed.
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

syzygy

6th April 2013, 20:55
No, I got a polite email from Norah. To wit:

"Just to let you know I have deleted the above thread from the Forum because we had several complaints about it. The sentiments expressed in the post were not in themselves too controversial, and at first I resisted deleting, but subsequent complaints suggested that if the thread remained then it could degenerate into a nasty argument. I therefore felt it safer to delete as the crossword forum is not the place to have heated argument on the right to cull deer."[-i]

Don't mess with PETA, & get rid of those leather shoes.

10 of 37  -   Report This Post