CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

3rd April 2013, 02:45
The cult film Reefer Madness wasn't about refrigerator cars, was it? :)
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd April 2013, 02:47
No, but you could chill out with a doobie.

12 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd April 2013, 02:49
Are the Doobie Brothers still together?
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd April 2013, 02:55
According to Wiki, yes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doobie_Brothers

And we have run away with this one.
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd April 2013, 03:02
hi there my cousins from across the pond, when do we get a definitive answer to that 'circle the box' clue? i forget the name of the publication.
i've heard that it is William Randolf Hearst that we have to thank for demonising cannabis bacause hemp could have undermined the use of wood pulp to make paper.
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd April 2013, 03:12
Oh, trevor, please tell me you aren't up watching your clothes dry again. I forgot all about that Harper's puzzle! Syzzie will perhaps know.
Cannabis grew profusely in fields near my college campus; it had been planted for rope during WWII. Every year the local paper had pictures of Boy Scout troops burning it as a public service. I remember my rommate showing me one of these and saying: "You can tell every one of 'em is stoned out of his mind."
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd April 2013, 03:14
Read: roommate.
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd April 2013, 03:27
ha ha, what a lovely image.
i dozed off in front of the telly, in the old days i would have woken up to nothing but snow on the screen by this time (past 3:am).
although i think you may have seen enough snow lately ( ...and no, i don't mean the sort of snow that Boy Scout troops could push up their noses - in the national interest of course).
must try and get somes ZZZ's,
all the best.
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd April 2013, 03:47
No turning back now. Sorry, jax.

Please redirect here:
http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/338075/not-xword-hemp

19 of 19  -   Report This Post