CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

26th March 2013, 20:42
I have inadvertently misled you there, raymond - jazzy only mentioned it in passing.
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th March 2013, 21:43
HI
just checking in before bed.....
5d definition: bank. Think Scottish countryside :)
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

wally

26th March 2013, 21:57
You may have thought Scottish countryside. I thought of ladies' underwear
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

wally

26th March 2013, 22:07
But putting ladies' underwear aside (not literally!) I have trouble with 20ac. I have an answer that I think is right, but I don't see the full significance of all of the clue especially the "dispensing" bit.
Also with 19dn I have a word that fits and means "prestige" and it has a "d" in it for diamond, but do not see the meaning of the rest of the clue.
Am I being my usual silly self?
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th March 2013, 22:23
Wally: I think the "dispensing" bit refers to a cash machine (ATM).
As for the "prestige" one, I've got an Arabic word for a market better known in France upside-down around your D to make the word I presume you have (of Greek origin) for the definition "prestige"!
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

magworth

26th March 2013, 22:43
Nos da, Raymond. I hadn`t checked in as I`d finished it. I thought there were some cheeky little clues - e.g 7 ac. . 14 d had me stumped for a long time, still not quite sure of the parsing! Mags..
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

cantersue

26th March 2013, 22:46
Hi all. Enjoyed this week's. For 20a. I think the first 7 letters of the answer refer to a machine which automatically dispenses food. If you put it "with a" you make a word for many moving toys.
10 of 24  -   Report This Post

wally

26th March 2013, 22:50
Thanks Greedy Kite. I really should look up some of these words which I don't know in a dictionary. It would then be obvious.
Parsing of 14dn. The word means erosion. The first two letters mean "reached" in the sense of "arrived" The rest is a moon of Neptune with "I" in it.
11 of 24  -   Report This Post

cantersue

26th March 2013, 22:51
Think parsing of 14d is:
At (having reached)followed by the name of a distant moon probed by "I" inserted to make a word for erosion.
12 of 24  -   Report This Post

magworth

27th March 2013, 07:20
Thank you, Cantersue and Wally. That was one of the clues where I write in the answer with no real idea where it came from ! mags.
13 of 24  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » R.T. 14