CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

19th March 2013, 17:06
1-- Bigwig
5-- Chock-a-block
That's all I'm afraid but an improvement on last week.
Thanks Jolan
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

rambler

19th March 2013, 17:12
Thanks, jolan - I got 1,2 and 5
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

jolan

19th March 2013, 17:18

In addition, hi to Jazzy, Emrach, Rossim, RE (get welll soon), Ari, Tont (all correct with explanstions), Rambler and Andyc.

Good solving for many this week. I'll include my working (not really necessary). I've already pasted it in and am writing on top, so I'll leave it there.

Thanks again for taking part. There'd be no 5@5 without you excellent solvers. Bless. John

1. (crypt) BIGWIG

2. it’s for lounging on = sofa; a dewy (version of) = day we; yielding:- day(sofa)we = DAYS OF AWE = High Holidays (Chambers)

3. (crypt) MAN JACK. (e.g., every man jack/every single individual). The cryptic bit is “a man jack could lift up men (fellows)”

4. (charade) obtains = gets; order = OM; first expand = e; individual numbers = ones; attack vigorously = go at; yielding:- GETS SOMEONE’S GOAT = bugs one

5. pop = hock; a type of P(ublic) S(ervice) V(ehicle) = cab; bolt = lock; yielding:- c(hock)ab lock = CHOCK-A-BLOCK = packed
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

andyc

19th March 2013, 17:21
Thanks Jolan kept me going all afternoon and still couldn't get number 4. All the best. Andy
34 of 36  -   Report This Post

emrach

19th March 2013, 17:26
Hi Jolan

Only got No1 but really enjoyed trying Take Care x
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

jolan

19th March 2013, 20:44
Thank you. Good night.
36 of 36  -   Report This Post