Have managed quite a few but not able to solve others despite clues. Any help would be appreciated please & thanks. The ones I still need to get are.
1. Saw Rover getting at the dessert. (7,3) Clue: Another word for SAW
3. Dog very good about being put on a new lead. (8) - no clues
8. Chef, Rob, is cooking within - and has a white coat. (6,5) no clues
9. Girl in a tale about a fool. (6) no clues 10. Indolent artist only comes out in fine weather. (4,7) Clue: alternative words for INDOLENT (idle/lazy/slow) & ARTIST (painter) ???
15. It has to run fast to beat the favourite. (7) Clues: Alternative words for BEAT ( ) & FAVOURITE ( )
18. R for Rottweiler? (3,6) Clues: Look in dictionary at very beginning of R words?
19. Strike from a tiger? (7) Clues: Alternative word for STRIKE (not hit – stop?), not species of type rather description
23. Women get assistance from a young man. (5) Clue: Other word for WOMEN + assistance ??? Lady ….. Aid ???
37. Contemptible scoundrels start to harass or unduly nag, disturbing someone. (6) no clues
40. Proficient Sherpas are given scrambled bird's egg with tea. (5,6) Clues: Anagram of BIRDSEGGTEA –searched in different sites but no luck ???
43. Boot forked in garden by mysterious, dark man with hod? A curious incident. (10) no clues
44. Subject of film seen in cinemas leaping backwards for joy! (4) no clues
47. Beat back a speechless actor often out on the pull ..... (8) Clues: Another word for SPEECHLESS = DUMB? ??????
61. Camera came out to get revolutionary hunter who uses scent ..(5) Clues: Take CAME out of Camera = RA + hunter???
63. A pool for the cat. (5) no clues
64. Limited space in a car owing to Tom's movement. (4,2,5,1,3) no clues
69. Miss Woodhouse pursued the sheep back to the seaside marshland. (7) Clues: Anagram of BARBARA + RAM (too many letters) BABS? + RAM (???)
81. I have gone into Connecticut to meet the perfume producer. (5) no clues
92. ..... but elderly Tony, due more change, was blessed. (3,11) no clues
94. Animals that caused an argument during church service. (8) no clues
97. Cats, many get noisier, so we're told. (7) no clues
98. Domestic creature with nothing apart from dressing-gown. (5,3) no clues