CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

9th March 2013, 08:54
just managed to log on - computer problems !
hard choice but...
aristo #19

71 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th March 2013, 09:04
OK, BBM2 just managed to register his vote in time, and tips the result to aristo @ 19 with:

Dow securities as attractive mutual holdings (8,5)

Congratulations to aristo and commiserations to emrach for your near miss.

Your prize is an educational piece that you may find entertaining - Dogs teaching chemistry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9khs87xQ8

btw GK I am very impressed by your acquaintance with London dispersion forces - one of the more obscure types of chemical bond.

Well done to all entrants!
72 of 87  -   Report This Post

rambler

9th March 2013, 09:09
congrats aristophanes
73 of 87  -   Report This Post

rosalind

9th March 2013, 09:12
Phew BigBad, to the wire! But you made it.

I know I didn't enter but I can still congratulate the winner. Smashing clues, aristo and emrach; hope aristo still has some power to use his computer and find he's won. Though, come to think of it, if he hasn't then that'll be the least of his problems.
74 of 87  -   Report This Post

emrach

9th March 2013, 09:32
Congratulations Aristo - a wee pick me up as you shovel the snow.

....and there we were family and friends ready to pop the champagne .... Only Joking. Thanks to Bobs Mum, MRW, Paul and Pastille for the vote and Rosalind for the mention.

Thanks ChrisE for the phrase once again I have learned something new just waiting to to be able to drop it into conversation !!!! Loving the dogs Macy is 95% collie with spaniel ears but Biology is her subject. x
75 of 87  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

9th March 2013, 09:34
Well done Aristo, well done emrach as well-i liked your anagram very much.
76 of 87  -   Report This Post

ab

9th March 2013, 09:48
Congratulations, Aristo.
77 of 87  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th March 2013, 10:41
Congratulations, aristo, and thanks for the compliment, chris -- it all came from googling, of course, but I liked the ambiguity (police forbidding too much sexy charm to disperse the mob).
78 of 87  -   Report This Post

busby

9th March 2013, 10:43
Well done Aristophanes and thanks for the vote Gk.
79 of 87  -   Report This Post

paul

9th March 2013, 11:21
Well done Aristo! Chris - I thought this one was one of the toughest ever to clue - thanks for the challenge! And thanks or the vote, Busby!
80 of 87  -   Report This Post