CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

22nd February 2013, 19:04
Well everyone,

It's that time again and whilst I have a good audience (all eagerly awaiting the PR winner) I'll take this opportunity to say "Are you in for the next Joint Effort"

I have noticed that we have a few new regulars from around the globe so I will also take this time to explain the JE to them.

The Joint Effort is a crossword puzzle so called because it is exactly that, it is a crossword that has clues composed by the forum members jointly inputting their uniquely styled word craft to their own pre-selected clue words.
Basically, I create a grid and then work out from the amount of words in the grid how many clue words each setter gets.
For instance: If the grid has 54 clue words and we have 18 forum setters, then each setter will receive 3 words each to clue. (3X18=54)
Then, when I have sent the clue words to your email, you then in turn try your best to find a suitable cryptic clue for each of those words and send them back to me with an explanation of your wordplay for ease of indentifying the structure of how your clue is going to work and read within the final print (This also helps with the final wordplay file compiled by AB)
I will in turn reply to you with feedback of your word play, this can sometimes be a thumbs up for a marvellous clue or a requirement of extra explanation because I just don't get it or a suggestion of improvement by way of a slight change or tweak in your original wording for an improvement in ease or difficulty of the clue or surface reading.
To get involved in the clue setting, you will have to send me your email address to my forum address below.
I have been publishing this crossword for 13 months now and think that tells you that the email address and my own confidential values of others private data is intact and not corrupt. So if you trust the process, then why not get involved.

It will be good to get back on board a few regulars that missed out last month too.

I am going to wait until I know how many are involved before I create the grid this time so that everyone who applies for clues will get something to work on.

You can respond on this thread or send me an email if you're a new clue setter to:

les40forumjointeffort@yahoo.co.uk

Looking forward to the response. Be good and take care

Les40
1 of 27  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

22nd February 2013, 19:11
Yes please, les!
2 of 27  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

22nd February 2013, 19:13
Count me in les - and sorry for letting you down last month.
3 of 27  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd February 2013, 19:13
Nicely explained Les.....count me in.

Busby and kiwikid sound like they might be up for it.

Wonder what happened to magpie?

P@
4 of 27  -   Report This Post

paul

22nd February 2013, 19:16
The early bird gets the clue...
5 of 27  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd February 2013, 19:19
I was sort-of targeting those guys Pastille

I know what you mean with the missing regulars.
Wendy, Helen, Magpie, Jamoza, Lionheart, AJT1, et al

We still have a great bunch of quality setters though
6 of 27  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd February 2013, 19:22
Oh! And I promise not to dash off to France this time so we can work on what we touched on the other week, about a hints link.
I can't remember what the best suggestions were now
7 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd February 2013, 19:24
Yes, please.
8 of 27  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd February 2013, 20:21
Me too, please, Les
9 of 27  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd February 2013, 20:23