Just in case any of you are unaware of the regular games and competitions that appear on this site, in brief, a description, time and day is listed below. Please note times may vary.
These are open to anyone who wishes to join in and all are very welcome.
While they are all for fun Clue Chain is an ideal introduction for clue setting as it is very lighted hearted and you can interact and chat to fellow compilers.
• Clue Chain. Mondays 1pm – 6pm. A cryptic clue is set and the first to answer correctly will then set a clue and so on.
• Jolan’s (5@5). Tuesday a 1pm Jolan sets five clues and at 5pm solvers will post their answers. Parsing is also given by Jolan.
• Clueless. Tuesday 1pm and closes on Wednesday at 4.30pm. The idea is to compose a cryptic clue to a given word or phrase by the previous winner who will also judge and declare the winning clue. It is customary for the judge to donate a virtual prize to the winner.
• Peer Review. Thursday around 1pm and closes on Friday at 4.30pm. The winner is declared around 8pm. Similar to Clueless however it is your peers who vote on their favourite clue. It is customary for the judge to donate a virtual prize to the winner.
• Joint Effort (JE). This is monthly whereby a word (or several depending on how many people are participating) is sent to you and you compose a clue and a crossword is produced using all the clues. Parsing and solutions are given around 5-7 days later.