CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

23rd February 2013, 11:49
Happy birthday Mondrian. I`m not celebrating until tomorrow - lunch at Jamie Oliver`s parents` pub. How about you/ Mags
43 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd February 2013, 11:51
I've been there, mags (with friends who lived in Brent Pelham at the time). I won't name it, because I don't want a flash-mob turning up at your party.

P.S. it was a long time ago, so we may well have been served by a juvenile Jamie!
44 of 51  -   Report This Post

bees

23rd February 2013, 16:45
Hi,
Can I have hints please for 24A? I don't get this clue.
45 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd February 2013, 16:48
hi Bees
definition : an awfully thin person.
s = second ; c = century
newspaper + rag
46 of 51  -   Report This Post

bees

23rd February 2013, 16:51
Is it the initial letters of second century plus a slang term for a newspaper = a thin neck?
47 of 51  -   Report This Post

bees

23rd February 2013, 16:53
Thanks Jazzgirl, again! It just occured to me as you were answering.
48 of 51  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

24th February 2013, 15:02
Happy Birthday, Mondrian. I hope you have a fine day. By the way, I saw a bit of a programme about your namesake on one of the Sky Arts channels the other day. Very interesting.

Best wishes.

P
49 of 51  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

24th February 2013, 18:20
Hope you do not mind me interrupting your thread.
I have posted here in the hope that you would like to join a thread called Clue Chain on Monday afternoons starting usually about 1 o' clock.

We are a jolly, friendly few who play and we would very much like others to join in. The game is played for fun -- so please do not be deterred by thinking ' I cannot set clues'. Pop in and say hi, or just watch the game to start with to get an idea of what it is all about. So, all in all, great fun, challenging (not that challenging when I am the setter) and a good supportive learning experience. Please join -- everyone is most welcome.

50 of 51  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

24th February 2013, 18:35
Happy Birthday, Mondrian! Was your meal good? I had no idea the place is easily reachable from where I was last June! Please report! The son's books are very popular in Germany, maybe a little less in France , but we still occasionally see TV programmes with him on German TV here in France.And what's the exact address of the place for the future? (unpaid advertising allowed here just this once, I hope)
51 of 51  -   Report This Post