CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

22nd February 2013, 12:26
Hope you do not mind me interrupting your thread.
I have posted here in the hope that you would like to join a thread called Clue Chain on Monday afternoons starting usually about 1 o' clock.

We are a jolly, friendly few who play and we would very much like others to join in. The game is played for fun -- so please do not be deterred by thinking ' I cannot set clues'. Pop in and say hi, or just watch the game to start with to get an idea of what it is all about. So, all in all, great fun, challenging (not that challenging when I am the setter) and a good supportive learning experience. Please join -- everyone is most welcome.

33 of 51  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd February 2013, 15:28
I`d love to have a go, but I`ve never tried clue setting. It`s probably beyond me, but I`ll do as you say and just read it for a bit. Mags.
34 of 51  -   Report This Post

magworth

I`d love to have a go, but I`ve never tried clue setting. It`s probably beyond me, but I`ll do as you say and just read it for a bit. Mags.
35 of 51  -   Report This Post

magworth

36 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd February 2013, 15:31
Most of us started clue-writing fairly recently, magworth, and our early efforts might have been a bit feeble. Give it a try, it's can be lots of fun.
37 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd February 2013, 15:31
P.S. that's not to say that our recent efforts aren't feeble as well!
38 of 51  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd February 2013, 15:54
Hope you had a lovely birthday magsworth....

I'm not usually around on a Monday , can't partake, but when I do....I have caused a bit of chaos .....but they are a forgiving lot.

Give it a go, even as you say tune in and watch.....it can be real fun.....
39 of 51  -   Report This Post

mondrian

23rd February 2013, 10:41
Happy birthday, belatedly, to you Mags. All the best people have birthdays in February - mine is tomorrow, so I am slightly biased!!

I cannot do this Xword at all so I think I will just wait till Tuesday and start early on next weeks! Though I am encouraged to see that Pipesmoker had difficulty so may have another go. Glad to hear you are back from SGH again.
40 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd February 2013, 11:28
Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Mondrian :)
Hope you have a lovely day . J
41 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd February 2013, 11:35
Happy birthday tomorrow, mondrian.

Do you want any pointers for this week's puzzle?
42 of 51  -   Report This Post