CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ab

13th February 2013, 17:09
Congratulations, Greedy Kite.
43 of 71  -   Report This Post

jws

13th February 2013, 17:17
well done GK and thanks to RE for setting etc

Some really funny clues this week
44 of 71  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th February 2013, 17:24
I see what you mean about pastille's Latin efforts, RE - very funny (and appropriate), but wouldn't have got through in English!
I also liked AB's typical effort - I hope everyone saw (heard?) ex - eggs.
On hearing the news, I re-read the section of Walter Murphy's "Vicar of Christ" where the central character gets elected as Pope. Murphy depicts a very political process.
45 of 71  -   Report This Post

pastille

13th February 2013, 17:55
http://www.forexlive.com/blog/2013/02/11/now-that-ive-eaten-my-eggs-benedict/

The above is for AB.....was tempted to post it yesterday....lol

Thanks redundantelf and ChrisE .....yes it was a dodgy translation.......and a " tichy"... A tongue in cheek type clue.....

Off to find out my brain age......maybe, not sure if I want to know.

And importantly...well done Greedy kite ......x
46 of 71  -   Report This Post

ixion

13th February 2013, 17:56
Congrats GK, nice clue...thanks for the laugh @10 rambler, I'm off to translate Pastille's entries now.
47 of 71  -   Report This Post

pastille

13th February 2013, 18:00
Forgot to say....nice to see Julian, Sandy and Torquemada back......
48 of 71  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th February 2013, 18:19
Congratulations, GK!
49 of 71  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

13th February 2013, 18:29
Well, I never -- just when you're not expecting it! Thank you ALL: it was great fun again (and I managed to get my brain to do things with those tests as if I were 17 years younger)!
Problem : i still can't copy that long text properly next Tuesday -- could I ask chrise to help me again, although personally I found one of his efforts just before I started so impressive, he really ought to be able to take over if he prefers! If on the other hand you're willing, chris, just tell me what time we want to begin next week, please (sorry to be such an incompetent technician, but last time I tried to copy & paste following detailed instructions I didn't manage it quite as I should --- so a big THANK YOU in advance!)
50 of 71  -   Report This Post

emrach

13th February 2013, 18:46
Hi everyone - didn't take part but I thought the clues were brilliant this week. Well done Greedy Kite. And a tip for the brain games using a mouse often gives you a better score for drag and drop and clicking on etc x
51 of 71  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

13th February 2013, 19:00
Hi gk - you are a discerning and deserving winner so if chrise can't help for next week, then I am more than happy to offer my services if required.

btw - chrise @4 was also a very close front runner and thanks chris for the mention @34 - I think ab can rest easily for champion of brevity lol
52 of 71  -   Report This Post